Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Salvia Divinorum

• 17-10-2004 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hello anybody, this is my first time posting. I joined to ask a q, but hope to stick around.

Anyway, does anyone know where you can buy salvia divinorum in Dublin? I know it is easy to order from the internet, but I would prefer to buy it in person if at all possible. I heard something about Asha in Stephen's Green, but would appreciate any other pointers before I go on a Salvia trek!

Oh, and I have done a lot of research into salvia, and I know for a fact that I am ready to work with it, blah, blah, blah.

Anyway, any help or info is much appreciated! Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

I don't think you will get it in asha, I did try myself once. it may be available in Cannabiz (behind purple moon records) in temple bar. But in my experience the salvia there is not very good at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

Last time I was in asha they had some extract but it was like 35 euros or something

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭johntf008

That was quick! When you say it isn't very good, do you mean it isn't very potent, or it just doesn't work?

I'll have to check it out tomorrow anyway - give it a try before I order off the net.

Cheers!

I smoked thet whole lot and thought I was golem for about 10 seconds, you decide if thats worth 35 of your hard earned euros.....

Oh. Luckily I'm incredibly rich! Or not. Ah, sure I'll have an oul look around. Thankee lads...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

you can buy it online www.kingbong.com or www.potseeds.co.uk

The website I felt most comfortable with was www.sagewisdom.org, which, if I remember correctly, was also the first one that comes up in a search engine! Another was www.erowid.org which has hundreds of user experiences both good and bad.

To be honest, I'm not entirely comfortable ordering online even though of course it is not illegal in any way (perish the thought).

At least my parents can't "mistakenly" open something I've just bought in a shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

I smoked thet whole lot and thought I was golem for about 10 seconds
    You thought you were made out of clay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

have any of ye guys tried Salvia? i was browsing erowid just for the sake of it and salvia sounds like nothing else out there. (ive no interest in trying it but would like to know about peoples experiences).

I'm going to use it as soon as possible - it really does sound like the most amazing experience when it works. It seems not to distort reality like a lot of stuff, but to actually send you into an alternate one! (Obviously, an extreme distortion, but still, like...)

The two things I get from my research are:

1) Approach it with a lot of respect - it is not a party drug

2) Have a sitter - I know based on my own experiences I would not trust myself to try this on my own.

Yup, I'm fairly excited about this stuff, it has to be said!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Yeah i tried it is quite mad... the buzz hits a really quick..seconds after you have a hit on a pipe or bong. I couldn't stop laughing for about ten minutes, madness then when you come down end up with a bad headache for a bout an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Optikus wrote:
    Yeah i tried it is quite mad... the buzz hits a really quick..seconds after you have a hit on a pipe or bong. I couldn't stop laughing for about ten minutes, madness then when you come down end up with a bad headache for a bout an hour.

What intrigues me is all the stuff saying how ppl live different lives and so forth... the stuff sounds mental but id be too chicken to try something like that...
    I'm going to use it as soon as possible - it really does sound like the most amazing experience when it works. It seems not to distort reality like a lot of stuff, but to actually send you into an alternate one! (Obviously, an extreme distortion, but still, like...)
    heh.. maybe its not a distortion :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

You thought you were made out of clay?
    And were a tale from Jewish folklore?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I've gotten it from www.wellcoolstuff.com
    you'll have it within a week of purchase,
    asha do sell it, saw the extract 10x there about 2 weeks ago(10x) it was 39euo's but it didn't look much at all, the one I got from wcs was 15x and was 1 gram and cost i think it was 42euro delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

mind altering substances are bad, i think you might be a lost soul, you should seek out your loved ones, mama, papa sis etc, sit down and tell them your hardships, a problem shared is a problem halved, the dark path must be avoided, seek the light child

if you like this, considering trying heroin. Alot of people swear by it.

Lenny, what was the 15x from wellcoolstuff like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

You can get salvia in cannabis on Crow street in Temple Bar. Your best off getting the extract as the leaf isn't that strong. It is expensive but worth it if you are really keen on giving it a try. The 40X extract is the strongest you can get i think.

It's best to smoke it through a bong and hold it in for as long as possible in one hit. Then make sure your sitting down for the next 10 minutes! Tried it last about a year ago with my flatmate and we laughed hysterically for about 10-12 minutes. It's probably the most i've ever laughed, i thought i was going to die.

It comes on very quicky too. So much so that when my flatmate was taking a second drag from the bong she almost set her hair on fire!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

yea 15x was good,i ordered the 10x and yea would notice a difference betwee the 10 and 15, if you laughed for the whole duration of your trip.. then you were in a bad sceenery, laughing distracts your mind try to stay quite and only say a few wods talking stops your mind from totally leaving relality i thought
    thought 30x was the strongest? where did you see 40x?

I had 20x before never saw the 30 or 40.. Lenny what are you on about? I couldn't help laughing.. suppose i might have been in Bad scenery as i was on my way home on the train in holland.. might try saying nothing the next time i do it, what happens when you dont say much??

• Advertisement

I found it best if my watcher was reading a paper becuase he was staying quit and wasn't looking at me, so yea start to wonder are you really tripping or not and you get confused and ly back and your mind is more to itsself and going into a deeper world, responding to people or something talkig to you, stops your mind falling into the deeper hole, it holds it back because its trying to listen and work out what the person is saying

My first time I was laughing too, but thats cause there was about 4/5 people in the room, and all eyes on me. its not the right type of scenery

The first time i did it it was just two of use both smoking it, that was when i was laughing like mad.. second time there was a few more people was kinda of similar as the first but i felt a little paranoid on the come down, could of been cos i was smoking weed to, dunno.. but i havnt had it since then ..but i wont to try again soon, gonna do it with only a select few sound people.. probably won't say much either see what thats like. ;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I bought the standardised enhanced leaf of sagewisdom a while ago, strong stuff, it arrived in about a week and it was well bundled in A4 paper making it pretty hard to spot. I found it best to smoke it on my own, with someone in the next room listening out for me. The first time I tried it I went back to my childhood and as far as I was concerned this reality was just a dream I'd had. Imagine my surprise when I started coming back to this reality and realised that I was in a hallucination.

It's best to set yourself up somewhere quiet and peacfull and where you feel very comfortable and secure, a train back from Holland wouldn't reall be ideal. It's definetly a very powerfull personal experience when done right, not the kind of thing you'd do sitting around in a group. Some of the experiences on http://www.sagewisdom.org are worth reading to give you an idea of what to expect.

Cool, i never thought you can get such a different experience just from different surroundings and being alone.. i cant wait to try again, hopefuly i'll gey some mad hallucinations like others have reported.

setting and company are two really really important things with any trippy drug, makes a big difference in the trip, the more comfortable/relaxed you are with your enviroment the more you'll let go and enjoy the trip.

that's why alot of people take e when they take acid, gives them the confidence and belief to take the trip where they want... sounds nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

You people should be imprisoned.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Care to explain why ?

There's absolutly nothing illegal about the sale,purchase or use of Salvia Divinorum and I very much doubt anybody has ever committed a crime while under it's influence.

no, you people should.

• Advertisement

Well, if I ever intentionally do something to hurt you or anyone else, I hope I am imprisoned.

But, until then, I am free to do whatever I want.

So long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Not quite sure if that was actually sarcasm/looking to get a rise...But if it was, then it worked, congratulations.

If it wasn't, you're an idiot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement