Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2005 Championship Draws

• 17-10-2004 9:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭

The draw took place tonight to finalise the match-ups in next year’s Senior Hurling and Gaelic Football Championships.

2005 SHC Provincial Championship draw:

Kerry have pulled out of the Munster Championship leaving the pairings as:

Munster Hurling Semi-Finals:

Cork v Waterford :D

Clare v Tipp/Limerick

Leinster Hurling Semi-Finals:

Wexford v Laois/Dublin

Offaly v Kilkenny

Ulster Hurling Semi-Finals:

Down/London v Derry

New York v Antrim.

2005 SFC draw pairings:

The quarter- and semi-final pairings for the respective provinces are as follows:

Leinster Football Quarter-Finals:

Offaly/Louth v Laois

Wicklow/Kildare v Westmeath

Dublin/Longford v Meath

Carlow v Wexford

Munster Football Semi-Finals:

Limerick v Tipp/Kerry

Cork v Waterford/Clare

Ulster Football Quarter-Finals:

Tyrone v Down

Cavan v Antrim

Monaghan v Derry

Armagh/Fermanagh v Donegal

Connacht Football Semi-Finals:

Roscommon/London v Mayo

Galway/New York v Leitrim/Sligo.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Class draw for us. I hope it's being played in Kingspan/Breffni. Should be easy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

FChamps2005.jpg

Some intriguing ties there. Leinster has a few nice potential ties, all in the second round. Armagh get a chance to avenge their defeat by Fermanagh and then face a repeat of the Ulster Final. They still look the strongest side in that half of the draw and it could be a Tyrone v Armagh final. Their looks to be case of the big two in the final in Connacht. A Kerry v Cork final in Munster looks most likely, but Limerick will be looking to make up for this year's failings, so there are not guarantees.

HChamps2005.jpg
    Cork v Waterford is obviously the big one of the lot and you would expect the winner their to win Munster. Limerick and Tipperary looks interesting too. I don't know if Offaly will be up to putting a real challenge to Kilkenny. Dublin v Laois will be competitive, but not high class and neither of them should trouble Wexford, so the Leinster Final is the only one that looks good there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

FFS Limerick first the Clare again!!!
    My God

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

From a Wexford point of view I am very happy with the draw. Looks like it could be another Leinster hurling final and quite possibly a football final to go with it! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ishnid

TIPPTOP wrote:
    FFS Limerick first the Clare again!!!
    My God

Don't worry, we're sick of playing Tipp too. Easiest solution is just for ye to lose to Limerick!

Seriously though, it's nice to avoid both Cork and Waterford. Best teams in the Munster Championship this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭DEG viper

could be a laois dublin leinster final would be interesting if micko does go to dublin as he is been rumoured as been doing

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭enda_4

Flukey wrote:
    FChamps2005.jpg

Armagh get a chance to avenge their defeat by Fermanagh and then face a repeat of the Ulster Final.
    You'll find donegal owe's both these teams a beating as they were the two teams the lost to in the last 2yrs - Armagh in the ulster final and Fermanagh in the next round 2004 and Fermanagh in the first round and Armagh in the all ireland semi-final 2003! Should be interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 rebelbunny

Cork v Waterford - Brillaint. Just what i was hoping for. Then hopefully Clare in the Final.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

the leinster football looks really open this year would love to get another go at westmeath - third times a charm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

the leinster football looks really open this year would love to get another go at westmeath - third times a charm ;)

Yeah, hopefully we'll give them a beating!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

begbie wrote:
    Yeah, hopefully we'll give them a beating!
    Hey, down with this sort of thing. ;)

Here's the Breheny Beat from this week which discusses the draws and the fairness of it all. I don't agree with his suggestion but I do think it's better than what exists at the moment. (Article requires registration, which is free)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Armagh will more than deserve winning the Ulster final if they have to beat Fermanagh , Donegal , Derry and tyrone along the way .

An early exit for Tipperary in the football , but a decent chance to at least make the Munster final in the hurling .

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭stevemac

I like the football draw for laois.

probable offaly in our 1st game.
    then a good chance of westmeath in the semi.
    :D

cork - waterford in the hurling looks good as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

stevemac wrote:
    I like the football draw for laois.

probable offaly in our 1st game.
    then a good chance of westmeath in the semi.
    :D

cork - waterford in the hurling looks good as well :)

A game against Offaly won't be easy. Be great to get another go at Westmeath though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cHilliSheep

Waterford v Clare in the football!

WE can do it, make the effort ppl, and you hurling-slanted-racist board sort yourselves out, we showed we can play football by winning Munster u21 last year, lets play to our strenghts. I saw the waterford senior county football final today, and Stradbally won, for 4 in a row. It was an incredibally physical game, and if they could transform that to the county senior team we would have some chance, they are like ants when it comes to senior, why the mentors continue to pick a physically inferior team is beyond me. GET A GRIP LADS.

Advertisement