Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nicks & For Sale

Options
  • 17-10-2004 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Is there a sure-fired way of checking for "dodgey" use of new nicks on the For Sale forum ? This thread has me a tad worried about future haxoring!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

what exactly is wrong with the thread. One user asks if something is a scam and the others tell him that it is. after reading the post at the start of the thread, it sounds like a scam to me

although usernames with swearwords in them is that what your referring to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭tempest

what exactly is wrong with the thread.

He is referring to what happens later during the other 40 odd posts in the thread. It's a bit of a drama and a good read, if nothing else.

The general message behind it is that some people on the thread seem to believe that the person who started the thread is also trying to scam people, by using more than one nickname, which is not entirely unjustified.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

I see, but its a bit of a bold sstatement for shltter to make (ncie username by the way) unless he has access to IP addresses of users.

But if people are on dial-up boards would log multiple IP addresses for users and if there were two boards members in the same area then two boards users would show up on the same IP address at some stage. I'm no expert on this one of the admins would know more about these things.

(sound of penny dropping) looking for a PC on 15th and selling one on the 16th.

Advertisement