Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phantom FM - BCI Decision Due on Monday November 8th!

Options
  • 17-10-2004 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Just a quick note to say thank you very much to all those who came down to the Conrad Hotel last Monday for our presentation to the BCI. Your presence, and indeed your badge wearing (thanks Caz!) were much appreciated. Likewise all of those who have texted, emailed, or phoned in with good wishes.

Next step is written questions to be handed in to the BCI on Friday then its the nervous wait until decision day on November 8th.

We will keep you posted on www.phantomfm.com

Thanks again.

Regards,

Pete Reed
    reed@phantomfm.com
    www.phantomfm.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

you go pete!
    it'll be nice to hear some good music on the radio for a change. my god i'm sick of hearing the same bloody music on every fequency!

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

I'd say its the general feeling among everyone who went, but we owe you one for many years of great broadcasting, and for a chance to meet likeminded people who share the same tastes in music and love for the station in general ;)

I think showing up to cheer you all on last monday was the least we could do :)

Out of curiousity... how will it be announced? will there be some crazy congregation the steps of the BCI and stuff. They come out annouce awardal, then go back inside to drink bottled water. Or more press conferencey?

An Artist's (bad) Impression
    | _______________________________
    |......|.................................................|............................................
    |......|...B.C.I.....................................|......................................
    |......|...Broadcasting Commission of Ireland|...........................................
    |......|_______________________________|...........................................
    |.......................................... _________............................................
    |........................................../ PHANTOM\...........................................
    |........................................./ FM!!! \...........................................
    |.........................................\ _________/..........................................
    |.........................................|/...........................................................
    |.....O....O....O../Ô\.............O...............\O/.\O/.\Ô/.\O/.\O/.\O/.\O/.\O/.\O/
    |....I|I...I|I..I|I..I|I.............I|I................|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|....|
    |.....II....II....II...II..............II.................II...II...II....II...II....II...II....II...II
    ......^....^....^...^..............................................^....^....^...^...........
    ......|.....|.....|....|..............................................|.....|.....|....|...........
    ....Left to right; Dermot Hanrahan................Left to right; Ger Roe, Simon...
    ....Niall Stokes, Barbara Galavan.................Maher, Peter Vamos, Aidan......
    ....Bob Geldof...........................................Lynch, Moss Walsh, Edwin Foley
    .............................................................Brian Daly, John Caddell, Neill...
    .............................................................Austin................................

Its great having nothing to do for a while on a sunday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Rockiemalt

21 days to go!
    There will be more badges when u get the licence....many many many more!

there will be photos soon! jsut gotta beat my bro into life or something!

and mr colly, far too much time on your hands :p
    I'll have to get u to makes badges too for when phatnom get the licence cause we'll need so many!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Sigh poor Colly is whipped already. You shouldn't be so hard on him Caz! The man is a prodigy! Well I'm really glad that I came along and got my badge, (macseamus the greedy glut took 4 .... 1 for his dog.) Anyway best of luck with the written responses and, of course, the big day itself! I'm sure it'll be no bother to ya, and I'll have 2 things to celebrate : my sisters birthday and phantom fm!

• Advertisement

Smurfpiss wrote:
    Sigh poor Colly is whipped already. You shouldn't be so hard on him Caz! The man is a prodigy! Well I'm really glad that I came along and got my badge, (macseamus the greedy glut took 4 .... 1 for his dog.)

whipped.. I wish! I will ahev to recruit a team to make badges as well need so very many.. care to join the team...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭legofsalmon

quiet all of you!!! besides an excuse for a stick bob geldof! :D

I'm on to you mr smurfpiss... if that is your real name :eek:

And I too have badge making capabilities, but no working printer so maybe i shall help! just to spite you smurfpiss!! just to spite you!!!!

*Waves fist*

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭miss serena

Big cheer for all the lads! Well done!! YEEEEEEEEAAAAHHH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

Rockiemalt wrote:
    whipped.. I wish! I will ahev to recruit a team to make badges as well need so very many.. care to join the team...
    And I too have badge making capabilities, but no working printer so maybe i shall help! just to spite you smurfpiss!! just to spite you!!!!

*Waves fist*

Yikes do i have choice or is this agressive recruitment?? yeah why not rockie i will join, just to show colly whos better!! Anyhoo im off to new york for a week, toodles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 stereo_carol

yeah well done phantom, you better get this! i hate sittin on the bus with no decent station to be listenin to :( ! will be celebratin ur success on my birthday also next monday! Best of Luck!!!

Carol :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭nutkase

Do not have a clue about what is going on with you, just found you through Windows Media Player last week and not bad at all. be nice to hear a voice now and again.

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭T.B.L.

good luck phantom from all in beautiful losers and cheers for allt he support yas have given us aswell. fingers crossed

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Squidget

What time will the announcement be made ??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MissyC

Good luck everybody!

the waiting to find out it driving me mad I can't imagine what you guys are like!

Claire in Wolverhampton
    :rolleyes:
    xxx

Advertisement