Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dreamteam: New series

• 18-10-2004 4:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭

I had to work tonight(sun) so i missed the first episode of the new series that started,does anyone know if it is repeated during the week?
    Anyone any comments on the first episode??

Gary

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

DRAMA: Dream Team
    Channel: Sky One 106
    Date: Saturday 23rd October 2004
    Time: 13:00 to 14:00 (starting in 5 days)
    Duration: 1 hour.
    Down.
    Drama series about fictional Midlands Premiership football team Harchester Utd. The club faces up to life in the newly-formed Championship following relegation, but the prospect of glory in the Champions League keeps up the excitement levels. The turnstiles swing open on the new season, a challenge for both the fans and the new owner, Eli Knox,
    Starring: Shane Lynch, Jon Morrison, Lamorna Watts, Chris Brazier, Lisa McAllister
    (Widescreen)

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.digiguide.com. Copyright ©1999-2003 GipsyMedia Ltd. Information copied from DigiGuide cannot be re-distributed, sold or used without prior written consent from GipsyMedia Ltd. All rights reserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No Pilar icon9.gif but there were a few tasty birds with Shane Lynch (at least I think that's his name) from Boyzone. Overall not too bad, may be worth watching. For a fake football team they've gotten pretty bad though, they lost to Brighton.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Brighton are doing quite poor at the moment in the championship, although i thought Harchester were unlucky to lose, they played crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Absolute crap !!! The Irish girl wasn't in it? You know, the blond one?! Shes deadly, saw her in "I Went Down" and fell in love :):)
    Harchester have some defensive problems too !!!!! Gonna be a long, hard, back handed, bus crashing, plane crashing, relegated, promoted, hum dinger of a season though !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I can't believe this is still going.
    What season is it on now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

I believe its the 7th season(well year on sky). I still like it but last sunday was a real eye-opener to how bad its going, if the writers have any sense they will relegate them from the championship and make them go bust, then sky can pull the plug, its just getting stupid.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

7th Season!! :eek:

I grew sick of it after the 2nd or 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

How can they be relegated to the League "championship" and also play in the Champions League?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

How can they be relegated to the League "championship" and also play in the Champions League?

I'm not 100% sure but I think Champions League winners qualify automatically for the next tournament. so if TeamX won the CL in 2004-05 and got relegated in the same season then they would still be entitled to play in champions league 2005-06.

(I don't actually watch DT so I've no idea what their 'situation' was).

well they finished the season in fourth, and so are in the champions league qualifiers. There was a whole match fixing scandal, which the fa were ok about but uefa overruled them saying it is not acceptable and they should be relegated, but they then said that the fixing was nothing to do with europen competition so they were allowed to enter the championions league. which makes no sense as the fa didnt relegate them, but uefa did, and then still let them in the champions league, i dont understand meself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,529 ✭✭✭irishgeo

only teams in the top flight(primiership) can play in the champions league.

irishgeo wrote:
    only teams in the top flight(primiership) can play in the champions league.

im only telling people what happened in dream team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Agent Orange

What was the name of the blonde one in the first series of Dream Team, waaaay back?

What was the name of the blonde one in the first series of Dream Team, waaaay back?

i believe it was natalie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Caked Karen

I MISS KARL FLETCHER"!!!!! those were the days classics!

remember when didier had the penalty to get them relagated. twas so cool! jerry block was class and i loved when ray wyatt was the manager. those were the days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've only seen the new ads with the hard new manager, who's going to shake things up..

this might not be entirely PC, but what a good damn poof

Its getting worse by the week, 8 of the team were arrested for a brawl the day before the champions league qualifier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

What happened the youth team. Wasn't that what it was based on originally ? Where is Frank!!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I admit to watching it, but only because I cant find anything else on at that time (NTL Basic Pack).

It has its moments. But it really has become a load of crap!

At one stage nearly all the team died two seasons in a row between assassinations, plane crashes, bus crashes... you name it, the DT writters have done it!

Advertisement