Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending money to US?

• 18-10-2004 8:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

What's the cheapest way to send money to America? A friend has bought me something over there and I want to send her the price of it, €300.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

western union is the handiest, be about 25 quid to send 300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I know lots of people say they have had problems with western union. (Google it)

*But* I must say, I have used them a few times to send money to Florida and have had absolutely no problems at all.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 halfhead

I use iKobo.com ,very easy to use
    and first time users can send up to $500 free,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

paypal??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Fibonacci

Paypal is good, but the only way I can figure out how to load money into the account is via a credit card, and they'll charge the recipient 2.9% when they receive it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ishnid

Fibonacci wrote:
    Paypal is good, but the only way I can figure out how to load money into the account is via a credit card, and they'll charge the recipient 2.9% when they receive it.

Yes, CC is currently the only way to do it from Ireland.

If the recipient has a personal account, there's no charge for receiving money. IIRC, 300 euro should be within the Personal account's receiving limits. It'll be a few days before they get it from PayPal into their bank account though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea, at the top of each statement now you see a long numbers and lettings
    its an international bank account number for anyone to send money to your/their account in the world from any bank

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

I meant that a credit card is the only way to get money into the PayPal system if you have an Irish account (or at least that was the situation a month ago).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

ishnid wrote:
    If the recipient has a personal account, there's no charge for receiving money.
    But personal account holders cannot receive CC funded payments so that shoots that idea down. You need premier or business account to receive money from credit cards, but they do charge 2.9% for that luxury. Bit of a con really. Western Union is probably the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

My Name is Gonnagetcha Monioffya my father is a king in Zamunda but he has been jailed after the popular uprising, if you send me this €300 I will be very happy to send your friend €3 million, the €300 would be used to pay a processing fee, I have very reliable diplomatic contacts who will help transfer the money.

May god be with you.

jor el wrote:
    But personal account holders cannot receive CC funded payments so that shoots that idea down.
    You're right, of course. Sorry. I'd forgotten that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Dave and Lenny, thanks, that sounds good; I'll get my friend's a/c number and talk to my bank.

Blub, you interest me strangely. Contact me c/o US Forces Afghanistan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Save the commision, put it in a fluffy toy and send it by dhl, blah blah blah it's illegal but it beats paying commision and it works.

Advertisement