Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Using a gamepad on a PC

Options
  • 18-10-2004 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

I have just invested in a Thrustmaster game pad in order to play Prince of Persia and the sands of time (POP). Being a complete game pad newbie I have a few questions.

I naively thought that if I plugged in the game pad then all the buttons would automatically be assigned in POP (particularly since this is the game pad that comes bundled with some versions of the game). Not so - plug in the game pad and it does precisely nothing. Every button and control has to be manually assigned. I tried a few button assignments but I'm not happy with them so I wonder what people normally use.

So here are my questions:

1. Does anyone have a picture of a PS2 dual shock controller that shows me where all the buttons are? I have a gamefaq for POP that tells me the button layout for a PS2 (http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/prince_of_persia_sot_c.txt) but I don't know where R1 R2, Square and circle etc are.

2. Has anyone else used a game pad for the PC version of POP - What is a convenient button assignment? Here is a picture of the Thrustmaster Game pad http://ftp.thrustmaster.com/accessories/pc/controllers/Manuals/Firestorm_Dual_Power_3/FS_Dual_Power_3_English_Deutsch_Espanol_Portugues.pdf

3. Is it always this awkward to get a game pad to work in a PC game. Have any PC games got "automatic" game pad support?

4. This game pad has built in vibration - but Prince of Persia doesn't seem to support it. Do any PC games support this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You have to manually sort each button for each game, unless you got some sort of software with the gamepad that does it for you.

Depending on your gamepad you may not have enough buttons fo emulate a PS2 pad , i would recomend a Logitech PS2 clone €29.99 in argos (its the only one they have) its basically a PS2 pad with a USB cable.

But hey on the bright side least we dont have to calibtrate the damn things every time we pick them up :0

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

I'm pretty sure I have enough buttons - and they seem to be in roughly the same place as the PS2. I would still appreciate a picture of a PS2 pad which showed where all the different buttons are though.

Advertisement