Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning items of clothing

Options
  • 18-10-2004 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

About 2 weeks ago I bought a jacket with a faux sheepskin lining, and while it's a nice jacket, it's completely head wrecking in that it leaves fluff _all over_ whatever top I am wearing under it! I don't mean a small bit of fluff, it sticks all over my clothing and I end up having to remove the fluff with sellotape every time I take my jacket off.

Am I within my rights to return the jacket for a refund or credit note?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Depends really - is it of "merchantable quality" ? Is the lining faulty are all fake sheepsking linings like that ? That's it in a nutshell really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I don't consider it to be of merchantable quality; I would never wear real fur so i've had fake sheepskin clothes before and never had this problem. I will dig out my receipt and see what they say

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

eth0_ wrote:
    I don't consider it to be of merchantable quality; I would never wear real fur so i've had fake sheepskin clothes before and never had this problem. I will dig out my receipt and see what they say

Ah well in that case you have some case alright !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

worked in a clothes shop for 2 years and this happens the whole time. If you wash it once or twice it should be fine. Most shops will give you a refund if you have a reciept [with 2 to 4 weeks] but washing should sort it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

its all in how you say it...
    it is faulty because .....
    dont say i think it might be...
    bring documents of purchase(all types)
    and make sure you look like you know what your talking about
    it works a treat (worked in retail for 3 yrs it's all in the delivery of your speach)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

irishguy wrote:
    worked in a clothes shop for 2 years and this happens the whole time. If you wash it once or twice it should be fine. Most shops will give you a refund if you have a reciept [with 2 to 4 weeks] but washing should sort it out

Thanks, i'll give that a try at the weekend, sounds like it might work! :)

Advertisement