Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Reilly: Why do right wing demogogues walk on water

Options
  • 18-10-2004 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hello all

I woke up yesterday morning and caught a few glib remarks on a sunday radio show about FNC anchor Bill o'Reilly, I didnt think much of it at the time and Ive only been checking up on it today.As it turns out hes the latest in a string of right wing media figures to be exposed for hypocritical excesses and vices . O'Reilly accused of sexually harassing his producer or something, I dont know if this is true. I personally wouldnt put it past the smug git, but little details like truth arent really important to what im asking, Perception is reality as we all know ,and even if this is a smear his career *should* be damaged. Yet I predict he'll come out of this intact , just like fellow "traditionalist" Bill Bennett with the gambling and Rush Limbaugh with his frankly hilarious drug problem (well I laughed) the question is surely for people of such public moral indignation and fury these revelations should be a death blow thier careers but rarely does this happen,Why the teflon coating when these people should by rights be torn to shreds for double standards?

forgot to link , considering the constant petty attacks Bill lays at CNNs feet
    youd think theyd be a tad more triumphalist , guess they got more class
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/10/14/oreilly.lawsuit/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It is already mentioned on another thread.

Only latest news I have seen is Fox are suppressing the news and Bill god love won't STFU about it when he is told to.

As to if it is true or not, there are apprantly tapes of Bill talking about what was laid out in the court case (which you can read on smokinggun.com).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Irrelevant boy

Sorry didnt see that thread .The transcript is hilarious though, O'Reillys "paranoid Rambling"about Al franken etc

Advertisement