Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

Options
  • 18-10-2004 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭

New screenies from IGN

metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041015070539227-000.jpgmetroid-prime-2-echoes-20041015070545227-000.jpg
    metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041015070543180-000.jpgmetroid-prime-2-echoes-20041015070543587-000.jpg
    metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041015070544024-000.jpgmetroid-prime-2-echoes-20041015070545680-000.jpg

The picture of Samus looks lurvly.
    Full article and more piccies here.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm just reading the article now :)

This is the game I'm most looking forward to this year. Prime was one of the greatest games I've ever played. Its been such a brilliant year for games and theres still dozens of potential classics on the horizon before christmas. My grant cheque can't come any sooner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    This is the game I'm most looking forward to this year. Prime was one of the greatest games I've ever played. Its been such a brilliant year for games and theres still dozens of potential classics on the horizon before christmas. My grant cheque can't come any sooner.
    likewise.
    i'm going to have a hard time getting my GOTY shortlist together :confused:

nice one Jim, think i'll put a deposit down on this tomorrow (and i'm not talking money here :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

OMG....look at some of the videos on IGN. The first one on that page....I'm so impressed how god it looks, the opening of Samus being regenerated, and then the visor scanning the pirate.

Watch them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I want Metroid Prime 2 now. I was the first person to put down a preorder on this where I work...
    Tbh I'd sell my granny to get my hands on Echoes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i do believe there isnt ay mp2:echoes preorders in dawson street. there wasnt 5 weeks ago. i ordered mine with ToS and paper mario 2, pikmin 2, killer 7......

pikmin 2 is amazing!!! got skies of arcadia today. must give that a whack!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Seen a video of the demo in action. Good jesus I want it! Looks very cool, much of the same, but who cares the original was perfect why change it. I'll probably have to play this one three times in a row aswell :)
    pikmin 2 is amazing!!!

Yeah I've been playing pikmin 2, its bloody good. Much more of a challenge than the first game.. My white pikmin are dangerously close to extinction at the moment. The dungeons are pretty hard, that's where I'm losing the majority of the pikmin.

But anyway this thread is about metroid.. Might put a pre-order on play.com soon because this town is atrocious for GC games, they only get a handful of the games in and they're usually all gone.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    i do believe there isnt ay mp2:echoes preorders in dawson street.
    Shocking.
    Though we've only 4 in Tallaght, and 2 of them are from me preordering 2 copies (one for me and one for my mate...)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think its probably because there will be plenty of copies of these Gamecube games to go around on release day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I think its probably because there will be plenty of copies of these Gamecube games to go around on release day.
    Sadly :(

But yeah, i havent bought a gc game since pn03 (im poor) but ill be getting this. Loved MP, the boss fights in that game were the stuff of legend, meta ridley was such a bastard.
    I hear the multiplayer in echoes kinda sucks the fat one, but thats not what youre buying it for tho is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I barely preorder games (and won't be doing it for one like Metroid Prime 2). I preordered Halo 2 today for that Collector's Edition, inadvertadly, but the only other game I have ever preordered was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, which I remember was absolutely nessessary if you wanted the game on the day.

They should bring in more preordering incentives over here like they have in the US. If you preorder Metroid Prime 2 over there, you get a free T-Shirt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

They should bring in more preordering incentives over here like they have in the US. If you preorder Metroid Prime 2 over there, you get a free T-Shirt.

They do you get the prima guide for it with it or somfin equally worthless.
    Or my fav game is €50 therefore Game charge 60 for it and give you 10 off with the card. marketting genius thought of that .

kdjac

yea i remember that ocarina of time day. praying my mother had done what i had told her to. luckily she did.

san andreas is gonna be one of those games.

cant wait for Prime though. that is top of my list.

San Andreas will be first come first served for the pre-order people. Well I hope it is cos I'm too lazy to ring up and order it until the weekend. (Actually I did try a few places that wouldn't be overflowing with preoders but none all were engaged?)

Well where I work probably isnt the best place to try... 550 preorders already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

all this preordering lark! what happend to the good ol days of queuing up outside a shop at midnight like i did for resi 2 then home to play it until about 4 in the morning then up for school at 8!those were the days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Well where I work probably isnt the best place to try... 550 preorders already.

October 29th is going to suck for you.

October 29th is going to suck for you.

be interested to know how many under 18s walk in and pick that up.

/me gets on the phone to irish indo and points them to game in tallafornia :0

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    What does that have to do with anything?

• Advertisement

What does that have to do with anything?

:rolleyes:

jimbo you disappoint me.

kdjac

Indeed.

[EDIT]Now I actually watch the video's, its pretty bleedin' obvious[/EDIT]

Ah....below we see the light suit, dark suit and federation troopers.

img_2423034.html
    img_2423055.html
    metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102524563.jpg
    metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102531751.jpg
    metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102527001.jpg
    metroid-prime-2-echoes-20041021102534954-000.jpg

the multiplayer screen looks like hunters :confused:

light suit looks noice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ah....below we see the light suit, dark suit and federation troopers.

Holy crap with the Image Leech!

One of the best parts about metroid was seeing some hard to reach place and wondering how the hell you would get there. Usually by mastering the wall jump or bomb jump. Glad to see they have more of these types of situations that the last game.

yea the multiplayer graphics arent looking too great but im not really getting it for that.

the light suit looks like some sort of skeleton or somethin or a new stormtrooper.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yea the multiplayer graphics arent looking too great but im not really getting it for that.

the light suit looks like some sort of skeleton or somethin or a new stormtrooper.
    nice bum though :p

you just know samus is like the hottest one of all the game characters. lol

wish there was a seciton where ytou could see her in full 3d without the suit and just clothes. that would be cool. ive only ever seen 2d drawings and when she removes her helmet and you see her hair from the distance at the end of prime(i only have 71% must get another 4 to see the extended.)

its well worth striving to get that extra 4%
    purdiest game character EVER :p

• Advertisement

I'm still working on trying to get the 100% ending... Only ever got 98%! 1 missile expansion away...

Advertisement