Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Your ideas interest me.
    Playing MP2 ALL DAY and making Syth wait until Monday >>> spending 3 hours on buses for 1 hour of lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just checked my balance and I only got paid €80 today...
    No MP2 for meh.

*throws Jimeatsmenu some sympathy*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

must study for my network+ exam tomorrow...

is the €45 price tag only in game?
    do gamestop refund pre orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO The head office must have copped on cause there was a price change sent in! :( ah well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Does anyone know how much it is in Smiths?
    I only got paid €190 this week (For a full time job!! - fecking emergency tax :( ) but I really. really. want this game. any idea how much?

€55-€60 i'd imagine... but you can chop a few quid off that if you have a loyalty card (or sign up for one on the spot :p )

less than 24 hours to go...
    /me wets himself

On my lecture notes today,there's a little thing at the top of each page with
    "MP2E: x hours to go"
    on it... I think I want this game too much!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

such addict kirby :p

would be intresting to search your posts with the words metroid and see how many hits come up :)

roughly 921 posts i'd say

• Advertisement

Roughly.

Found out at 8.00 this evening that Smyths had broken street on this... when town was closing and it's more than an hour's bus to the square from town. :(

Argh, I was gonna go into town just to check, but didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

aww man i wish i wasnt in college tomorow. i would have gone in to work until the shop closed then bought this and pro evo 4!

I'm gonna enjoy not being in work tomorrow. :p

4 hours to go until i can play this (gamestop had better have it in stock or the nearest staff member will get a copy of halo2 jammed down their throat!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its out but I cant buy it yet. Got paid yesterday as well :)

I'm stuck in college and won't be getting out anytime soon. However when its 5 I'm getting out of here no matter what and legging it to Gamestop in Santry.

PRIME 2 GET!!!!!!!
    I'm in college now though,the maternal unit was off work so couldn't skip college...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Played an hour of it before work. Its pure quality :D

Alot more cinematic than the first game, much more cut scenes. I didn't get very far I 'cause I was taking my time scanning EVERYTHING. I've become really anal about my scanning I find I can't leave a room without looking at every nook and cranny with the scan visor :) Got as far as the first boss. Will get a proper play of it later tonight. They weren't lying when they said there's no major changes from the original, but that does't bother me in the slightest.

Anyone else had a go? You're all probably at home with days off glued to you're screens ye **** :) While I'm stuck in here until 8:30 :(

Oh by the way to any of you playing it, are you using the hint system? I'm going to try play with it off for the challenge.

i'm as far as you now swifty.
    ther scan mode is so ****ing ugly now, and the revamped enemy lock on makes the first boss a lot harder than it should be (you lose the lock on when an enemy goes out of your fov :confused: )

• Advertisement

The scan mode is a little weird alright. I'd say it just takes a little getting used to. To be honest I don't see what was wrong with just the little icons from the first game.

Didn't notice any changes in the lock on? Doesn't Samus just circle strafe around the enemy when there's a lock?

The scan system really annoyed me at first aswell, but I've gotten used to it. The Lock On system is slightly different, harder to keep a lock.

I've just gotten in Dark Ather
    been playing for about a hour and a half, really enjoying it. Space Pirates are excellent, only a limited amount of them though they don't respawn from what I see so far. Beaten three boses and gotten the power bomb and jump boots.

What am I doing here?
    /me goes and plays

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Je fini college. Off to Gamestop now!

god damn it gets good :eek:
    i'd still be playing it now if my flatmate hadn't come home.

i seem to have done a lot of wandering about aimlessly since i got the jump boots... not too fond of the dark side either (reminds me of the phazon mines from mp1, which was the worst part of the game imo)

You playing with the hint system on tman? Gah, I want to play it.. god damn work.

yeah. some hint popped up just before i turned the gc off. seems i have to get the dark beam, which is accessible via a door in that large room with a massive pillar in the centre...
    i guess i have to go to the dark side version of that room and unlock the door or something :confused:

/edit
    seems i need the super missile to open that door (in the dark side dueling pit room)

3 Hours and 13%.
    Gotten both Dark and Light beams (within 5 minutes of each other). As per usual with Metroid you can't go anywhere except a really obscure route, then you get something and theres so many places to go I'm totally confused. I got the third key to the dark energy place, so I guess I go there.

Btw tman, if you don't like the new aim system, its near impossible to get a lock of Dark Samus with it bitch moves all over the place.

Bah, I've got to go to a wedding afters now, inconsiderate mofos.

found dark samus to be a piece of piss tbh. the new lock on kind of grows on you.
    just got the dark beam and decided to backtrack and open any unopened dark doors... guess i should've continued on to the light beam instead
    got the house to myself for the rest of the night. so don't send out any search parties or anything :)

Aye, found Dark Samus (DS from hereon in) to be very easy myself. I'm sure she'll make another apperance.

Anyway, back to playing.

• Advertisement

It's good. It's really really good. Its very similar to the first one which is no bad thing since that game is in my top 10 games of all time. And they don't wait long to up the action unlike the first game which built it up over time. The space pirates appear very early. Half-Life 2 and Gradius V seem to be slipping from the top of my best games of 2004 list.

Advertisement