Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

minor
    got the dark suit (superb boss battle to get that) and have trekked as far as the swamp now.

this game is un****ingbelievably good! for the past 7 hours of gameplay alone, it's been worth every penny. (€55 in smyths... but i already had a preorder at gamestop :mad: )

just over 4 hours on the ingame clock, 44% scans and 22% items

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jeez man, you'll have it finished by the end of the weekend! Slow down :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Just beat Dark Samus, piece of piss tbh. Anyone else end up with more energy at the end of the Jump Guardian battle than at the start? :)
    Loving this so far. I've been playing since about 5.30, with about 20 minutes break... My lock-on finger decided to cramp up on me... :(
    GOTY no doubt about it.
    Anyone else have to take Prime out of their cube to put Echoes in? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Haven't picked up Pikmin 2 yet, for shame :o

the
    boost ball guardian is an absolute ****... how the **** do you get him to stop speeding all over the place :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I've been playing pretty much since i got back from college yesterday, I'm really really liking it. Loving the dark world, the fights have a real sense of panic there,
    especially the big 3 worm boss thing.
    One thing I wasn't expecting to find was space pirate humour-"Remember, infant metroids aren't pets".

I can't help but think I'm now officially screwed for the upcoming few weeks of college work.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Anyone else have to take Prime out of their cube to put Echoes in? :p

Yea, Kirby. When I took Echoes out of the box I thought "Oh, grey morph ball on the front. I wonder what colour the Prime one was"

/me opens GC and see Prime disc staring back at me

"Ohhhh"

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There was a bit of space pirate humour in the first one as well and a running joke about the space pirates using the metorids as pets. Thought the one about the space pirate using the metroids for target practice and nearly getting killed was hilarious. And also the one where it says not to feed the metoids and beside it is a metroid in containment suffering from food poisoning from space pirate food.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Retr0gamer wrote:
    There was a bit of space pirate humour in the first one as well and a running joke about the space pirates using the metorids as pets. Thought the one about the space pirate using the metroids for target practice and nearly getting killed was hilarious. And also the one where it says not to feed the metoids and beside it is a metroid in containment suffering from food poisoning from space pirate food.
    Can't remember any of that stuff from the first game, but then again I haven't played it in over a year apart from the odd run around and shoot things.

You have to scan around a bit. However it was just a one or two notices remining the space pirates not to be feeding them or using them as pets.

• Advertisement

Just finished playing.

Got into a new world, tis all swampy and stuff, bit like Tallon Overworld.
    Just came across the Pirate Commandos, they're arm sheilds are most excellent.

Also got first image gallery (after 40% scans). Some of the art of Samus is loverly.

All in all the game r0kers my Gamecu0rs.

I'm just there as well. Had to stop to get ready for boards beers. The game is just simply brilliant. The dark world thing is great, reminds me of Zelda: link to the past

the boss battles really take a major lull after
    the 3 worms
    the gravity pack looks class. much nicer than getting a stupid purple suit
    i need to pace myself damnit!

Stupid job getting in the way of my playing! Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I only got my first chance to play today! Its very good but im sure it will pick up. i only just reached that weird luminoth who tells you about your mission.

Started playing yesterday. Got as far as Dark Samus..... Great game - its like being reunited with an old friend :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I've been playing it a bit over the weekend and I'm as far as the
    Gravity Pack boss
    . Unfortunately the last save I made before I faced the boss was ages ago and the boss destroyed me so I have to trek all the way back to the swamp next time I play :(

It's a little confusing until you get to know your way around but MP1 was the same I suppose. Whats yere missle limits? Think mine is 110 so far. I'm guessing theres 250 in total again?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Bought it yesterday as promised :), but haven't had a chance to play it yet...

Swifty wrote:
    I've been playing it a bit over the weekend and I'm as far as the
    Gravity Pack boss
    . Unfortunately the last save I made before I faced the boss was ages ago and the boss destroyed me so I have to trek all the way back to the swamp next time I play :(

Same thing happened to me last night. Was so annoyed that I couldn't play it for the rest of the day.

koneko wrote:
    Bought it yesterday as promised :), but haven't had a chance to play it yet...
    And now its sitting at home feeling unloved.

Shame on you.

• Advertisement

Just beat Amorbis last night. Such a cool boss fight! The Dark Suit looks like Samus has a wheel on each shoulder though.
    Wish I had as much time as tman to play!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

And now its sitting at home feeling unloved.

Shame on you.

No it's okay I hugged it before I went out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

'S a bit alright, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ive just got the space jump boots. have 11% items and 27% scans. still havnt come up against a proper boss only the guardians

Wish I had as much time as tman to play!
    wish i did too :(
    started a new job today and i'm off to NY on wednesday. torvus temple boss is going to have to wait a while...

Just got into Torvus myself for the first time last night.
    unlocked the lovely image gallery for 40% scans too. Have 19% items right now.
    Fell asleep in my 9am lecture today due to playing MP2 until 1.30am when I had to be up at 6.30...

Installed HL2 last night, played for a while (not bad) but went straight back to MP2 because I was enjoying it more.

Got the 60% scan gallery last night but didn't get to see it since I got murdered as soon after and hadn't saved that I had got it. Metroids are evil, evil I tell you. Especially when you have bugger all missle ugrades. I wish I knew where swifty found them.

How many have you got so far? and
    everyone I know who's playing MP2 thinks I'm weird for having 4 e-tanks before Amorbis!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Got the 60% scan gallery last night but didn't get to see it since I got murdered as soon after and hadn't saved that I had got it. Metroids are evil, evil I tell you. Especially when you have bugger all missle ugrades. I wish I knew where swifty found them.

I'm playing without the hint system on so I have to check absolutely everything in every room incase I miss something and end up in the wrong place in the game completely, its good 'cause you do much more exploring. Had 110 missles before fighting that Alpha Blogg boss, but he pwned me. Haven't had the chance to play it since.

Advertisement