Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

110? woa!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

That's a lot... I'm just into Torvus Bog and I have 4 e-tanks and 40 missiles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Really? 40? I got lost at one stage and all I did for ages was explore, found a good few expansions then. Found myself back at the start of the game when I was supposed to be in Agon :)

Just have the 4 e-tanks myself aswell I think.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've only 70 at the moment. My item % is woefully low but my scan % is really high since I scan every inch of every room. The metroids eat up missles. I am playing with hints. It's weird because I found loads of missles in MP1. Also my energy tanks are on 4 which is silly at this stage in the game. Think I need some sidetracking :)

Just played a big hunk of it.
    Got into a new world, the Fortress. Its really quite wonderfull to look at. Also got the Dark Visor, which is a bit crap compared to the visors in Prime.

Morph Ball boss just killed me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Brerrabbit

Just bought it there. cant wait to play (Just after I get through -deep breath- Half life 2, farcry, KOTOR, Silent Hills 1-4, GTA:SA, soul reaver 2, ICO and grandia 2; -the winter can't touch me :) ).

I think echoes just might jump the q tho (after hl2 of course)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Forget HL2. Metroid Prime 2 is without doubt Game of the Year

Has anyone played multiplayer yet?

Had a look at the levels on my lonesome. They don't seem that interesting really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Has anyone played multiplayer yet?
    I was playing last night, only 2 people but it was fun. Nothing great or anything but there's loads of fun to be had with the morph ball. It's nowhere near as bad as it's been made out in reviews, or random-there's more to it than the first person to lock on wins. I can imagine it's better with 4 people.

I just really started exploring in the dark world last night found some really cool stuff too, I did find one morph ball puzzle that's just hard as hell too-first time since I started playing that I just gave up on something.

• Advertisement

Some of the morph ball puzzles are pretty hard.
    Theres one in the Santuary Fortress that takes ages to do and all you get is a smeggin missle exp.

It was fun though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

At that bloody boost guardian, with 5 energy tanks and 65 missiles. 'S a bit tricky, innit?

Just beat that Chykka boss last night.
    Damn I hate those two-form bosses.. just when ya think you have them beat. I suppose I should have expected an "Adult" mode when the first form said "larvae" if I was any good at biology :)

130 missles now I think. Where are the rest of ye, anyone finished it yet?

I'm on 47%.

Just beat DS for the second time and got the Echoes visor. Visor is good, still not as good as the visor effects in MP1 imo. Have 2 keys to the energy chamber in the last out of three worlds. Then only the Sky Temple to do, which you need 8 keys to get into. I've gotten 2 out of 8 I think.

I'm almost sad to say I am approaching the end...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

This sounds great!! Must buy MP2 soon. need to finish GTA:SA first though

Multiplayer is fun. Though I was playing with my 11 year old sister, who hates any games played from a first person viewpoint. Some of the weapons are incredibly cheap, especially on a not-so-good player, ie.
    power bombs (boost ball into opponent, lay power bomb = instant kill!), annihilator beam, and death ball is fun :p)
    Charged dark beam, missile repeatedly works really well against a player who can't get away quickly. Missiles are 20 damage each, 5 is instant death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Pay day so i ended up buying this. Very good indeed. Not as much WOW factor due to playing MP but its still great. i thought it started off a little slow though.

In Dark Aether after getting Jump boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

is anybody else pissed off with eurogamer's laid back attitude to actually getting a review of this game online?

they had two reviews of hl2 up within 48 hours of the game being released. mp2, on the other hand, has been in their possesion for well over a week now.

*fist shakery*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

still no one fimnished it?

i havnt had a chance to play really. only been playin pro evo(i know shame on me) but i can have quick games of that and not mp2. ill sit there for hours at metroid.

I estimate I'll have it finished by wednesday.
    I'm at a critcal point in the game, stuck in a room with no save points anywhere near me and down to 9 energy, both rooms beside me are filled with drones, so I've parked myself beside a light crystal and allowing my energy to recharge.

Its takin feckin ages.

• Advertisement

evad_lhorg wrote:
    still no one fimnished it?

i havnt had a chance to play really. only been playin pro evo(i know shame on me) but i can have quick games of that and not mp2. ill sit there for hours at metroid.
    Thats kinda the same thing with me. I like to play Metroid in really long sessions. Like th 5 hours the day I got MP2E. Plus college and work in the way...:(

Just got the Screw Attack.
    A little tricky to use at first, but you get the hang of it. I feel very naseous after using it though. Hopefuly I'll get used to it.

for f*ck sake just got real angry. after gettin the light beam and the second agon wastes key and wouldnt ya know it, i run out light ammo when trapped in a room! i then died! shat on a stick! this is when the game annoys me cause i hate havin to do things again and then you forget what youve scanned already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

glad to see that somebody is still behind my most recent savegame.
    can't wait to get back to playing mp2:e on wednesday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Happened to me too. Got to the energy controller after beating the first boss, saved, got to the Torvus level, up as far as the 2 armoured rhino thingies.. Got stuck in deep water (with those 2 feckers jumping on my head) and died. Now I have a half hour of replaying to get back there.... grrrrr.....

There must be a save room around there somewhere....

(still a great game, though.... its just a good bit harder than MP1!)

TmB Save Room
    Theres a save room on the first left when you enter the room with the Rhino dudes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

evad_lhorg wrote:
    for f*ck sake just got real angry. after gettin the light beam and the second agon wastes key and wouldnt ya know it, i run out light ammo when trapped in a room! i then died! shat on a stick! this is when the game annoys me cause i hate havin to do things again and then you forget what youve scanned already.
    When you're out of ammo for either the light or dark beam you can charge it to fire off single shots, not good for fighting, but means you can still open doors and such.

Just at the very end of this now I think. Looking for the Sky temple keys at the moment. Seems like a bit of a lame way to make the game longer, just like the artifacts of MP1. But I'm kinda enjoying running about the place looking for them.

Have around 225 missles now! 87% items I think. Need 2 more e-tanks.

gwan ya mad thing! been good so far?

• Advertisement

Aye, looking for the Sky Temple Keys myself, I've gotten 3 already I think, must go back to the entrance, can never remember the clues.

Have to say the light suit is a bit "meh". Looks like the Fusion Suit, but without the neon uglyness. Don't think the Varia Suit will ever be beaten tbh.

/me glares at Swifty

I will be the first up to that temple.

Advertisement