Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

somethin gay will probably happen when you get to the temple. game over or somethin! another **** ending to a gamefor 2004. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Samus doesn't get nekkid.

NOOOEEEE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

I'm on the boost ball boss. I only have 4 energy tanks and 30 missiles. I might backtrack a bit and collect some more. I haven't played in a while. I'll play more when college ends on Wednesday. Woohoo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

been good so far?

Yeah, better than I even expected. The Sanctuary temple boss was particularly satisfying :D
    /me glares at Swifty

I will be the first up to that temple.

lol.. I have four keys, so /me glares right back! :) Although I'm on a late shift this week and wont get much of a chance to play, I'll let you know when I get up there :)

ive kinda been thinkin one of the bosses would be kraid cause they cut him out of the last one. was quadraxis hard? it looks deadly in the screenshots ive seen.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just got the power bombs last night and my god I've so much exploring to do now. I wish my brother hadn't come home during the weekend and got in the way of my playing. There's a whole saturdays worth of exploring to be done.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    ive kinda been thinkin one of the bosses would be kraid cause they cut him out of the last one. was quadraxis hard? it looks deadly in the screenshots ive seen.

It seems impossible at first but when you learn a pattern of how to attack him hes not too hard, having a good few e-tanks helps.

Just have one more Sky temple key to get, haven't a bloody clue where it is though :confused:

just finished amorbis! died the first time cause i couldnt think how to kill it. the i just saw myself ettin sucked in and i thought.....

have 19% items and 43% scans. cant believe you had 4 ETs goin into Amorbis kirby i went searchin everwhere for loads of things and found nothin.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Did you get the bomb-jumping one just off in the room just off light Agon Temple? Think Magmoor Caverns, but slightly more annoying.
    And Amorbis is a really fun boss fight. What's kinda annoying is that he has 2 scans, but I missed one of them...:(

Meant to post this awhile ago but forgot.

Anyway else notice a major fps issue when in the Santuary Fortress?
    I was fighting two of the Mech Drones that are pinned to the wall when you first see them. I activated one and then boosted to the other side of the room and the second one came at me. At that stage my FPS dropped to about 5 I'd reckon. The game was almost unplayable until I killed them both.

Bit annoying tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I missed 3 scans in the sky fortress gate because I placed 3 of the keys before scanning the hints :(

AH ****E!!

Is there hints for the keys? Arrgghhh.

Yes and I think they count towards your scan %. I'm really annoyed. I'm not that far at all in the game but have over 80% scans.

Never knew there were hints either, where do you get them at the actual gate yea? In work atm I'll check that when I get back, just have the one more to get. I know I've missed many scans, definately not getting 100% scans here, but they just open poxy galleries anyway if it's the same as MP1.

By the way did anyone else think
    the dark samus fights were very disappointing? I hope it appears another time.

I've noticed those FPS drops in the sanctuary fortress Jim, mine were during fighting two of those spinning droids at once, although it wasn't as much of a drastic drop as yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Swifty:
    From what I've heard, you fight Dark Samus 3 times (the last time is at the very end of the game).

Good stuff, I was thinking it would make another appearance. The other two were far too easy compared to the other bosses like quadraxis.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Anyone else think the Boost Guardian is a right pain in the ass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Anyway else notice a major fps issue when in the Santuary Fortress?
    I was fighting two of the Mech Drones that are pinned to the wall when you first see them. I activated one and then boosted to the other side of the room and the second one came at me. At that stage my FPS dropped to about 5 I'd reckon. The game was almost unplayable until I killed them both.
    erm... isn't it supposed to be that way?
    a load of gibberish comes up on the screen and the framerate slows right down. you have to press L+R+B to reset your hud (ctrl+alt+del:D )
    or are you talking about different drones?
    not too impressed with sanctuary fortress. and i'm really pissed off at myself for taking so long to figure out the dark visor's use :rolleyes:

Nah tman, its different drones I'm talking about.
    although I found the whole thing of having to "reset" your suit pretty cool with those drones

Finished it there last night. Only managed to get myself 92% of the items though. Realised there was a clue for all the sky temple keys after spending AGES trying to find the last one.

Final boss and ending spoilers...
    Meh... they weren't great. The Ing Emperor was simple for big boss with three different forms. Beat him on my first attempt. Then after that I was thinking I'd be in for a challenge with the third DS fight but after you realise what you have to do I found it really simple. It did take me three attempts though. Bit of an anti-climax to be honest. Still didn't ruin the game for me though, actually want to play it again on hard mode and get 100% now. Was nice actually getting to see Samus in all her glory, was surprised I got too see her with 92%.. Wonder if 100% gives you NEKKID samus:)

• Advertisement

You bast

Take it Jim. :cool:

First Tuskey beats me to Zelda.
    Then Swifty beats me to MP2.

I think I'm just going to have to kill myself.

f*ck it swifty you shouldnt have posted that spoiler now i wanna read it!

It kinda ruins it so dont read it. Anyone got 100% yet?

grrr. just got the spider ball and went looking for powerups. the hint system then kicks in and tells me i need to go to the dark side version of the alpha blogg room... upon getting there i find that there's a power bomb door blocking my way :mad:
    damn hint system.

the spider ball boss (like most of the other bosses) was an absolute hoor to beat until you figure out its patern.

not really enjoying this game as much as i expected to be tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

I've just started collecting the keys to the sky temple. Yeah the spider boss was tough but quadraxis is tougher. Anyone else think that this game is pretty easy? (by metroid standards)

How many tanks should I have when fighting the boost guardian? He's kicking my ass....

IamtheKing wrote:
    I've just started collecting the keys to the sky temple. Yeah the spider boss was tough but quadraxis is tougher. Anyone else think that this game is pretty easy? (by metroid standards)
    its quite a bit harder than i remember mp1 being...
    then again, the proof will be in the final few boss battles.

TmB - think i had 4 tanks by then
    (apparently someone managed to beat it with no energy tanks on hard mode while doing a speed run... so get some skills ffs)

• Advertisement

tman wrote:
    the boost ball guardian is an absolute ****... how the **** do you get him to stop speeding all over the place :confused:
    (no comment) :D

Advertisement