Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

TmB wrote:
    How many tanks should I have when fighting the boost guardian? He's kicking my ass....
    I have 5, and I've had my ass kicked about 5 times already by it...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had 4 and it took me about 4 goes to beat him. most annoying thing is that the save point is so far away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

For the boost guardian I had about 4 energy tanks.
    He's pretty tough but once you learn his attack
    pattern he's not too bad. There are tougher bosses
    than him to come! :D

Seems kinda like Omega Pirate in MP, a hoor until you learn how he attacks and a pansy when you know what you're doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I had 4 and it took me about 4 goes to beat him. most annoying thing is that the save point is so far away.
    the spider guardian is the most annoying in that respect.
    the save point is miiiiiiles away from the boss itself.

got the powerbomb yesterday and i'm just cruising around picking up a few more items before the next boss encounter.
    great game, but i definitely wouldn't rate it as being better than mp1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Seems kinda like Omega Pirate in MP, a hoor until you learn how he attacks and a pansy when you know what you're doing.
    pschh i beat that omega pirate first time!

meta ridley and prime are the only ones to kill me. prime killed me cause i never used a save point after ridley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Retr0gamer wrote:
    There is save room about 2 rooms from the boost ball guardian.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It may have been only 2 rooms away but it was still annoying getting to it with decent energy.

Was i the only person who managed to beat omega priate on their first go? He was fairly annoying but didn't have too much trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I beat him first go aswell.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    It may have been only 2 rooms away but it was still annoying getting to it with decent energy.
    Not really... Though 5 energy tanks kinda helps. Until you hit the Puddle O'Doom.

• Advertisement

I beat him first go aswell.

Damn you Jim. Just when I was beginning to think I was a videogaming god worthy of a golden joystick.

Actually I've remembered the annoying thing about the boost ball guardian. It was waiting around in the bubble for my health to come back. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

evad_lhorg wrote:
    pschh i beat that omega pirate first time!

^^^^^^^^^

Spent ages playing this today. G'wan Christmas holidays!
    Beat boost guardian, Alpha Blogg and grapple guardian. Now have 70 missiles and 6 e-tanks too. The game's just getting better and better.

2 more artifacts but haven't had time to finish it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Boost guardian is fairly tricky on hard mode, he does so much damage with a single hit :(

I found it fairly easy to avoid the Boost Guardian tbh.
    Are ye morphing when he morphs?

Thats what I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I figured out the best way to beat Mr. Boosty is to morph when he does and travel around the circumference of the arena (don't stop moving!). When he puddles, start bombing. Make sure your missiles are full when you get in there, though (having only 15 missiles was the reason I found him so hard to begin with).

I've been just morphing and hiding cowardly behind one of those pillars. Worked after a good few tries on normal but hard mode is really tough. Must try morphing and actually moving this time.. :) the circumference method sounds like it could be worth a try. I HATE those little inglet bastards popping up everywhere though, they really make it a pain in the hole.

Just keep bombing as you move, you'll move than likely destroy alot of them, leaving nothing but the goodies that lie therein.

Also if he boosts into a pillar, you get an ultra energy so sometimes getting behind a pillar helps.
    And there's now a speed run video of this up! It's by the same guy who did the MP normal any% in 1.04...
    linky - hard 22% in 3.37.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I didn't find the boost boss too hard, thought the spider gaurdian was the hardest so far.

Just got the echo visor, really liking the effect but i can't imagine it being useful in a fight though.

Just got the echo visor, really liking the effect but i can't imagine it being useful in a fight though.
    nope. in fact its downright annoying in the first boss battle you have to use it in.

Finished it last night. God damn last boss is evil until you figure it out. Fantastic game. On to Tales of Symphonia now which finally arrived. GC is getting lots of play time now after being neglected for awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

For those who finished it, what was your timer at the end?

17 hours and, I think, 12 minutes. 82% items and 90%+ scans

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

I hate you people with your more time than me and less games to play.

/me glares

Less games to play? You should see my 'to play' basket. And that doesn't include PC games. Theres stuff there from the start of the prehistoric..., I mean PS1 era. And then there are emulator games.

For those who finished it, what was your timer at the end?

Roughly 23 hours.

wtf is the story with finding the 9 keys? (managed to find 5 already on my travels, but i cant seem to figure out which ones i haven't got :confused: )
    not sure if this is going to be my game of the year tbh... there have been too many "smeh, think i'll leave it for a few days" moments

hl2 is great so far... but its just a generic corridor shooter dressed up with illusions of freeform outdoor gameplay

/edit
    oh yeah, what the **** is up with the light suit???
    robocod in the house

• Advertisement

If you place the keys you will know which ones are left. Then you read the keybearers information and clues. A-Kul's (i think thats his name) clues are a bit useless. The word in red/orange writing is in the name of the room the key is in. Just like for MP1.

Advertisement