Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metroid Prime 2 : Echoes

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I just got to playing Matroid Prime 2: Echoes about 2hr. 15mins. (I got it for Crimbo) ago and I feel right at home, having completed Prime 1. It looks like I'm going to have a good time with this one too.

10/10

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's so good! Spent about 3 hours playing when I got home from work yesterday. I'm at
    Sanctuary Fortress, saved just before the Spider Guardian. Worst save point placement EVER in a Metroid game. 8 e-tanks and 100 missiles. Sanctuary looks AMAZING. Though Chykka was an absolute pansy at the end of Torvus. Finished the larva form with full energy. Then the adult wasn't particularly challenging either. Beat it first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Got to the Ing Emperor boss a few days ago. Hes a bitch, died miserably twice already.

Right so, I've gotten the light beam and have transfered the power of the first temple. I'm off the the new place, Torvold or whatever it's called, tomorrow.

I killed that kick ass boss Amissos or thingly-ma-bob, I don't know the names, in one go. :cool:

I'm lovin' it so far. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 TimAnne

Got to the Ing Emperor boss a few days ago. Hes a bitch, died miserably twice already.
    his first 2 forms are a piece of piss, the third (and hopefully final) one is an absolute **** if you're low on beam ammo though :(
    gonna try to beat this mofo before i start on my crimbo pressies

/edit
    what a crap ending :mad:
    they turned Samus into some floosie ffs

85% items, 94% scans, 19:10.
    hopefully it'll be more enjoyable on the second playthrough

• Advertisement

I killed that kick ass boss Amissos or thingly-ma-bob, I don't know the names, in one go. :cool:

I'm lovin' it so far. :p
    It's Amorbis. And yes, he does pwn. Very fun boss fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I got it yesterday. I wasn't a huge fan of Metroid Prime, so I wasn't in a big rush to get this one. But no where had Tales of Symphonia so I settled for this instead.

But I'm really enjoying it alot more than the first one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

I was relly disapointed with the ending of Metroid Prime 2.
    I was expecting something magical to match the rest of
    the game (and that final boss), but the ending didn't really do it
    for me. Moving on though...

I've started Tales of Symphonia, only Five hours in,
    already I can tell it's going to be epic. Really hard tough.
    Anyone else finding it tough? It may be because I'm only at level 15
    taking on Magnius. Maybe I have to be at a higher level......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The endings of the Prime games have really disappointed me. All the old metroid games had a twist at the end but the prime games didn't. And Samus isn't a good looking at the end of Prime 2 as she was in the first game.

As for tales of symphonia it is tough but there are plenty of items for health and life around. Its eating my life at the moment. Its supposed to be 70-80 hours long the first time through. Only Xenogears ever had me playing over 80 hours.

Syth beat Tales of Symphonia in 53 hours, if I remember correctly.
    Did anyone else find the Spider Guardian in MP2 an almighty pain in the ass?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

did it first go. A little annoying but if you take your time its no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Did anyone else find the Spider Guardian in MP2 an almighty pain in the ass?
    yeah. but only because i'm crap at jumping onto ledges while in morph ball mode.
    double jumps are a piece of piss in mp2... but i just cant get the hang of singles :confused:

Finally got spider ball after much swearing...
    And the Power Bomb Guardian has to be the easiest non-Zero Mission Metroid boss ever.

Yeah I got those today (yesterday) aswell. The power bomb guardian sure was easy, but a welcome bit of fun. I, now having those two abilities, just explored the pieces of the map which I couldn't before (just to have that done). Then I saved and I'll be off back to Sanctuary first thing next sitting. :)

Finished the game last night...finally. :D
    82% items, 90% scans, 20:13.
    Quadraxis rocks. Had so much fun fighting it. Almost a shame I beat it first time. I hope the next Metroid game doesn't have some sort of fetch quest to get to the final boss though. Emperor Ing? Bit of a pain, until I discovered you could just keep bombing the inglets on the chrysalis form to refill your energy :). Dark Samus was fun.
    Hated the ending though. Whoever decided to use the Chozodia suitless Samus model from MZM deserves to be strung up by the balls and shot. It just looks dumb in 3D.

damn. i beat quadraxis for the second time earlier today. i've just got one more sky temple key to collect now.
    nearly had it finished twice in the time it took you to finish in once :D
    my second run through has been a hell of a lot more fun than the first.
    i'm tempted to just not finish the game so that i don't have to sit through that godawful ending again

Get less than 75% items, then you don't have to see the crappy MZM suit again!

i'm already at 85% though :(
    ah well... i hear there's an extended ending once you get 100% items

Did you get the energy tank in Torvus Plaza? The camera angle's just so weird...

yeah. and the bastard plant that pulls you off of the spider tracks, then retreats back into itself before you get a chance to fire a missile at the bastid :mad:

that has to be the most annoying energy tank to get

(race you to 100%)

• Advertisement

Sporbs make baby Jesus cry. Possibly by pulling at his eye.

Advertisement