Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst TV ad ever!!!!

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Illkillya:
    You can't say these ads are bad... they're unpleasent and even disturbing.. but they're very effective and well made. They do exactly what they're designed to do, imo they're the best ads on TV (i dunno what u mean by new anti-drinking ads... the ones i'm thinking of are made every year, the earliest i can remember is the Louis Armstrong "what a wonderful world" one, then theres the one with the lift, and in the most recent i can think of the guy who drives home after a few drinks after a football match and crashes
    </font>
    I think he's referiung to the cool choices ads to stop under age drinking - they're sh!te in the worst possible way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

That ad for the oil company with the big blond bimbo guy. Where he’s standing on the tanker with no jumper or jacket on say stuff like "Ve in Swweeeeden Know about ze cold yea" NO YOU DONT YOU TIT YOUR STANDING ON TOP OF THE TANKER WITH NO JACKET ON even the guy driving the thing thinks he’s a Muppet. rolleyes.gif

P.S. I have a sneaking suspicion he is gay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Illkillya:

You can't say these ads are bad... they're unpleasent and even disturbing.. but they're very effective and well made. They do exactly what they're designed to do, imo they're the best ads on TV (i dunno what u mean by new anti-drinking ads... the ones i'm thinking of are made every year, the earliest i can remember is the Louis Armstrong "what a wonderful world" one, then theres the one with the lift, and in the most recent i can think of the guy who drives home after a few drinks after a football match and crashes
    </font>

The most recent ad for not drink driving is
    a good ad, and has won numerous awards,
    however it is not a good anti drink-driving
    ad. Before the guy crashes into the fence
    and squishes the young buck, the driver
    starts to play with the radio. That ruins
    it as a drink driving ad because it is not
    drink driving that has caused that crash,
    rather it is the guy not paying attention to
    the road.

You never expect the Beefy Inquisition !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

That ****in ad for andrex...i think it was mentioned earlier...but jesus H christ...if the dog was that clever he'd have broken off a bit of the bog roll and brought it up the stairs...the young fella on the pan..could also use the dog to wipe his **** .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Doubt this ever makes it over to Ireland, but anyone living in the London area will undoubtedly join with me in proclaiming the F*CKING CAPITAL FM ads the Worst In The World Ever. Some fat bint in tight leggings and a spiky (I kid ye not) jumper bopping around at a bus stop... Faaaaackk offffffff.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

lucy your bang on that claims direct is the only ad where I have to change the channel and clench the remote between both my fists muttering under my breath mad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 cyberdog

All Barry's Tea ads should carry a government health warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

That new GAP rip-off supervalue one has to be the new king rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭vac

lol swifty Hardkore and myself were just talking about how much that andrex ad wrecks the head..

On another note..

Those do not drink and drive on RTE1 and Network2.... i swear it runs a shiver through me every time... its the one were the lads wins the football match and goes out for drinks and on his way home he cracks off a cirb and does a flip over the back fence where the little kid was playing soccer. Just as hes flipping over the fence the car is about a foot away from the kid and the kid moves the football with his foot and that freaks me out cause theres no way of explaining the ad and it seems real...

Freaked out boyz smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Uhmmmm all the BARBIE AND ACTION MAN ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bad song

bad voice over

etc etc

BOunty ads are ****e aswell!!!!!!!!!!!

lets not forget the one with the talking blue phone insurance **** ITS WORST ONE EVER!

but the ads for television x are great dont know why ( biggrin.gif)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

The action man ads are terrible 'cause everything he has (including his bloody bear) has a hidden rocket launcher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

noone has mentioned the mentos adds i mean they still haunt me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I just saw a ad which can get not worst but funniest yet not intending to be funniest advert.

its a barbie ad with some kitten and the son is goin on how u can tease it and brush it and feed it

and then it says u can squeeze it and that the CAT TAKES A FU(CKEN ****!!!

i mean i can imagine a 12 year old going wow barbie kitty took a weewee

OMG i couldnt stop laughing when i saw it the friggen girl is squeezing the kat while it ****es in the kitty box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Dear God the Yoplait ad........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

how about the chewing gum ad with chris eubank its like his head isnt attached to his neck or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Worst ad is that stupid puppy toilet paper one with the incredibly annoying highpitched tune.
    Worst after that is the fukin huggies.

Although, I saw a challenger yesterday, cant remember product, but its got lots of ppl with their faces kinda warped like in a hall of mirrors thingy, but with incredibly annoying bg sound

How about any aftershave (is it aftershave or some poofters perfume?) ad? Some gay boy staring at the camera like he's constipated while half naked. It makes me want to buy it rolleyes.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

2 words, tampon ads.

its the biggest mistake ever to put those kind of ads on TV.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That Yoplait ad is disturbing. but it's that Halifax bit where she goes 'subject to terms... & status' that drives me fu<king insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by D-Generate:
    Dear God the Yoplait ad........</font>

without this is the world worst ever add...
    sky seem to show it twice during each break..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

If it hasnt been mentioned ill mention it now, and if it has it deserves a second mention.

Ronseal Diamond Wood Stain
    "It does exactly what it says on the tin"

Some say the end is near.
    Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
    I certainly hope we will.
    I sure could use a vacation from this....
    bull****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭[SG]BGA

I'M NOT A DENTIST
    BUT I CHEW WRIGLEYS BOLLICK FLAVOURED GUM AFTER EATING.

I thank you

No, Mother! I did not eat your sugar-lard! Put down the belt, Mommy, I will wear the frock to school! I will wear the pretty frock!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭crazydaisie

that ****ing annoying ad with yer man in the purple suit advertising some sort of drink...he jumps around the place............. mad.gif hate that ad!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭RAY

Its has to be them feucking crap kinder adds specially that kinder penguor somethin like why bother sticking ppl in the adds then changing the voices and then make it look like their not even talking?!?!?!? WTF is the poin tof that?

LADS, MAKE SOME NOISE!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

Worst ads? Those static pictures on UTV with the voice over..how cheap. It must only cost about 50p per wek to advertise on UTV!

"Who gives you extra?" rolleyes.gif

Also :

"Slow down boys" **** off you condesending goverment sponsered ***** with your appalling generalisations. If there's any message in that ad it's that driving fast is fun and women love it rolleyes.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭PostmanPat

Definately the worst ad ever is the DisneyWorld holiday where the kids can't get to sleep because of the "excitement". the worst part is where the little fu<k says "I'm too excited" and does a stupid, gay twirl... it just annoys me so much

BTW the best ad on tv is the radox ad with the dancing plastic duck. It's hillarious

A controversial operation to transplant the whole head of a monkey onto a
    different body has proved a partial success.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Grrrrr.. i feel like punching through my tv screen when thatb one comes on....fu<king disney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Brummers

OMFG, i don't believe it you've all forgotten the worst fuppin' advert. The AOL advert FFS,
    "Hello, my names Connie, and i have to work for a greedy, ****e ISP to earn a living, wearing a stupid little patronising dress and annoying the p1ss outta every person i have ever met."

If i see that advert one more time i am calling my MP smile.gif

Which ******* made my bed so comfortable?

Advertisement