Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Muay Thai....whats it all about????

• 18-10-2004 1:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Just wondering what this new sport is my brother keeps going on about it??? Anyone share some info??? It sounds interesting....thinking of joining myself!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

"New"?? Wha? Muay Thai = thai boxing, a sport/martial art that has been practiced for hundreds of years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muay_Thai

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

muay thai uses hands/feet/knees/elbows...

a great sport and brilliant for self defense purposes.

but its murder on the shins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

www.bridgestonemuaythai.com

The best place to train Thai in Dublin, without a doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭paddyc

The conditioning regimen in muay Thai is legendary for its intensity and rigour. Its focus is on hardening the eight anatomical weapons in the muay Thai arsenal to an incredible degree, so much so that getting hit with a shin kick from a muay Thai fighter is often likened to being hit by a baseball bat.

Ah music to my ears... and it aint muder on the shins ... its murder on someone elses shins ;)

Colm... there might be a free private in the making for you for all this publicity :)

paddy

Colm... there might be a free private in the making for you for all this publicity

So I promote you and your club and you return the favour by hacking the legs of me for 90 minutes?

Sounds kinda neat!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Moss

Why is Muay Thai not in UCD? I mean surely it would attract enough members. Sounds cool I have to say.

you need a good thai teacher to run the show, there aint ot many of them knocking about.

Its too hard for a lot of people they dont like tha aches and pains of it so numbers would dwindle... only my opinion though

paddy

Thanks for that. I can't that website address to work www.bridgestonemuaythai.com. Is it far to travel to Bridgestone from UCD?

ders a map on the site its working try typing it in instead, 5 mins from oconnel st, have a good and if you dont like it.. well at least you tried

paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Clive

Moss, the 10 will take you from UCD right to the Bridgestone gym. It's the first stop past the wax museum, just past town.

• Advertisement

Good stuff. Thinking of getting into it after I leave college next may. Going to stick with the TKD for the time being as I live on campus and its on five times a week in UCD. Makes things very easy. You guys must spend alot of time on this site, yer very quick to reply...it's addictive I suppose, appreciate it. Moss.

Moss you should do jitz twice a week while you're still in college. You know it rocks the most!

Yeah, keeping up jitz once a week, all I can manage at the moment, (masters and TKD take up a fair bit of time). It is a good laugh. No bulls#!t with it.

Advertisement