Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Game for Winter Festival - Thurs 21st 7 pm

Options
  • 18-10-2004 2:04pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lads,

I'm going to hold a €15 rebuy tourney in the gaff thursday evening. The idea is to provide entry to the €150 rebuy tourney on Sunday, the only relistically affordable event (for me anyway) this weekend.

So far I have

Me
    Careca
    Dev
    Dapper

signed up. 6 seats left. It may be a €30 rebuy. We can decide on the night. The idea being to raise as much of €150 multiples as possible. Ger this is the night you originally wanted to play the BSOP so heres your chance to get some poker in. Anyways first 6 are in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Stick me down please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

me too! thanks Muso.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

What 'piece' of the winner do the rest of the table own for 'contributing' to the €150 rebuy...

Sounds like a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Ill play 90% defo; will confirm tomorrow

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Well so far we have:-

Me
    Caeca
    Dev
    Dapper
    Kencleary
    KarlH
    Ger
    Spiritus?

2 places left. It looks like it will be a €20 rebuy with cash for top 3. You can do whatever you want with the cash. I fancy playing the tourney sunday so 1st prize will be at least €150 +reg.

• Advertisement

Ill be bringing 1 friend, Paul who has placed in a few recent SA games, is that ok muso?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Hmmm, bunch of freeroll newbie's or quality play down in Muso's?? No decision put me down, and pm me 5 times so I don't forget. Any directions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Yup me please

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

O.k. we have our 10:-

Me
    Caeca
    Dev
    Dapper
    Kencleary
    KarlH
    Ger
    Spiritus
    Paul
    Davey

And it looks like quality stuff allright.

Damn thats a tough line-up - Unlimited re-buys for the first 3 levels yeah? :)

• Advertisement

And it looks like quality stuff allright.

Im in the line up, how is that quality stuff? Or is it quality stuff cause im dead money?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You're bringing us all free beer, right? Quality!

DeV.

Is anyone playing in a few S & G's early in The Fitz and then getting a bus or taxi up to Muso's??

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Will there be hot cash game action this evening after the tournie in muso's? Was thinking of heading in for the freeroll and then the cash game in the fitz but if ye'll have me out there I'd prefer to lose my money where I can smoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Marq wrote:
    Will there be hot cash game action this evening after the tournie in muso's? Was thinking of heading in for the freeroll and then the cash game in the fitz but if ye'll have me out there I'd prefer to lose my money where I can smoke?

Marq, I was talking to Brian this morning (hes on leave this pm) and he doesn't want it going on too late. Midnight, he said (but I reckon it might be a bit later). Ring him and he might even make it 11 for the tournie. Have you his no ?

Marq pop along we'll sqeeze you in for the tourney if you wish. Otherwise I would imagine 8.30 onwards would be when it will be approaching an end with hcga until 12/1.

If the tourney is starting at 7pm and is a re-buy, how will it be finished by 8:30p.m?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

can't make it for the tournie but I'll see if I can drop out later anyway. have a good one.

If the tourney is starting at 7pm and is a re-buy, how will it be finished by 8:30p.m?

Meant 9.30. It may not be over by then but it's all guessing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Gonna have to pull out. Sorry lads. Overtime in work is guaranteed rather than playing you guys which is just +EV.

Thanks and sorry Muso.

Dang it depended on having 10 to generate as much cash as possible. Oh well. anyone else at this late hour?

44 tee hee.

Thanks very much Brian had a good night and for once made the money in a home game yay.

No it was still a good play LOLLLLLLLLLLL
    flop.jpg
    turn.jpg

Yes Dev was playing the 4's and yes he did river a 4................ Comon Spirits lay into him, atleast 1/2 as much as you did in Brians. Hee hee

Devs read was spot on now in fairness.....that Queen on the turn improved his hand by 6%!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Dev pushed on pocket 4's on that flop??

heheheh

I'm a bad person.

DeV.

Yeah there were some crazy bad beats last night. Aces got cracked twice by Gers mate Paul, and my flopped trips were beaten when Ger rivered trips on me. Dev's hand was best though - lol 3.1%!!

I'm obviously rigged against the better players.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

In fairness, DeV *did* have outs, tis fair enough to draw to the house when you're pot committed.

Advertisement