Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCU Intervarsity

• 18-10-2004 2:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

What time do we need to be there and how many people can we bring, maynooth can bring 10-15 if there is room.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Sounds like fun. If I remember on Wednesday I'll prod the administration. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Aryzel

hmm, i really do need to know how many people i can bring to dcu, start time would be nice as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭baggins

Might be nice actually... we really would rather not have all those insulting comments that abounded last year regarding organisational skills come back.. (and we would really like to know how many we can bring, although it doesnt look like we will have many newbies)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Right, ive emailed the DCU guys to see what the story is, and I told em to put the details up here on boards.ie as well.

Regards

Ewan

Start time will probably be around midday/1. That's just a guess though. :)

Numbers? Probably a fair few. Can't remember how many there was room for on the Sunday last year. Probably 10 or so per college? Could be more. Don't really see it being less, but don't take my word for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

i'm not sure of the exact number of targets yet but teams should be around 7 or 8. as for arrival time we've got plenty of space so everone should be able to shoot together starting at about 10.30-11. and finishing nice and early. entry should be around 7euros and there wont be any volleyball players next door this year.
    these times and numbers may change it depends on whether we have two sessions or one. let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

Seán
    Chairman DCUACC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭trig

Its pretty likely that DIT will have at least 10 people going. We'll can cut that down to 7 or 8 if needs be but we'd rather bring as many as possible. 11.00 sounds like a nice time.
    Don't forget the Dublin Archers Double FITA 18 on the sunday everyone. Email Máire if yous want to go. It'll be good practice for Maynooth, I know I need it!

do people need to be iaaa members for dublin archers shoot?

No, normally you should be for club shoots but Sinéad donsn't mind. Its another way to encourage IV archery I suppose. And it means they'll have a full hall for the shoot too. Everyone's a winner!
    All are welcome but it is booking up pretty fast so get your entries in asap to be sure of a place.

shock wrote:
    as for arrival time we've got plenty of space so everone should be able to shoot together starting at about 10.30-11.

Does that time suit the clbus coming up from the country or should it be a little later.
    shock wrote:
    these times and numbers may change it depends on whether we have two sessions or one. let me know if anyone has any thoughts.

Booking 3 halls was mainly designed to allow everyone to shoot at once. My maths might be a little out on the matter but I can talk to you about it tomorrow evening. Or erm... this evening technically.
    shock wrote:
    DCUACC

We got an extra C this year? Man that must feel special. I want an extra C. Know where I can get one?

Yes I am an annoying git but I do need sleep and meh. It's fun to be annoying, for all of 5 minutes anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Flux

There will be a maximum of 11 per team and the shooting will start at 12:00 on Saturday.

Ronan - DCU

Fee is 7 euro, I think.

Clubs should've gotten a mail yesterday evening about it. If not let someone know. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭shock

Glad to see everythings going well in my virally induced absence.
    i'm still not sure of the numbers but i hope whoever came up with 11 per team knows how many targets we'll have(i dont). hopefully everyone will be shooting together.

as for the extra c i'm just used to writing DCURCC.

cya all saturday.

maynooth didn't recieve any email. email us at:

dermot@irreal.net

and

vmulvihill@hotmail.com

also, note that gmit and nuig don't read these boards, so you'll need to email them in plenty of time, and possibly follow up with phone call if you can

Do you have the current email address for gmit, they have not responded yet and I am not certain how up to date the email list I am working with is.

I'm pretty sure one of Vikki's addresses did receive an e-mail - I remember passing the address along anyhow.

Nuig have responded. I think we've had contact with everyone bar GMIT. Infact now that I remember Vikki replied to the e-mail! :P

Oddly enough one of the biggest problems for us is finding a team for the day! Ah well... Give us a few months/years/miracles. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

halenger wrote:
    Oddly enough one of the biggest problems for us is finding a team for the day! Ah well... Give us a few months/years/miracles. ;)

Yeah they're even trying to rope in their retired members, anyone asked af666x to come home from Oz for the weekend? :p

We tried including his air fares on the grant application but for some reason the SCC did not see it our way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Reble_archer

So is there an official start time for Sat?Uc will finaialy be represented! :D [

• Advertisement

shooting starts at 12 on sat

Well, looks like Ewan might have some competition from a certain young upstart archer from Cork/Kerry (I'm not sure which).

Are you bringing up a team Reble_archer or is it just a one man show?

So is there an official start time for Sat?Uc will finaialy be represented! :D [

UC? Did you inform DCU of such? :)

Here is a link to a map of the DCU campus,
    http://www.dcu.ie/info/campus.shtml
    it also has info on getting there. You do not have to pay into car park 2 or car park 3 on Saturaday.

UC you can contact us at archery@redbrick.dcu.ie or Archery.Club@clubsandsocs.dcu.ie

Ronan
    DCU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭mhairesa

i told Ciara that Fergal wanted to book in yesterday so thats sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Bruce Arch

Ahh, first Intervarsity again after a long time. Hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed it. I did (not talking about my score here, that's the not so enjoyable part of it). Seeing some old faces again, mumbling sandwiches... Cheers to DCU :D

Just want to congradulate Ewan and his band of merry men (and women) who kicked our ass today. Its about time someone gave us a bit of a beating.

Think it'll make for an interesting year of Intervarsity cometition and the scores were pretty close to the best from the end of last year so we could see a new record this year.... question is, who'll get it???

Also, well done to DCU who organised a quality shoot. and sandwiches are always a winner!

In summary, kudos to Ewan and UL, well done to DCU, and bring on Maynooth IV!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Nice competition, enjoyable day, and quite suprised I didn't piss too many others off, second time doing archery 'n all :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Congrats to DCU for running a much less half-assed competition than last year, was good fun and nice to see some familiar faces. I missed Bolger, he brings an air of deviance to the shoot that was kinda missing. Hopefully he will make it for Maynooth. Congrats to Reble_archer for being a decent opponent, even if he shoots a Carbofast, and hard luck to Colton for losing his tab, that must have sucked.

And finally, well done to all that attended and helped make it an enjoyable, good natured archery competition.

Regards

Ewan

• Advertisement
Advertisement