Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hex

• 17-10-2004 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭

The ads for this look terrible. It looks like a Buffy rip-off with loads of sex added to make sure people watch it.

So the question is: how crap do you think 'Hex' will be?

How crap will 'Hex' be? 16 votes

Huh? Sky only produce quality programming
    0% 0 votes
    Just plain crap
    37% 6 votes
    Very crap
    31% 5 votes
    Oh dear God, the smell of this crap
    18% 3 votes
    The Big Bow Wow
    12% 2 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i like the bit in the ad about how azezil will bring ruin and terror..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, form what I know of Hex:
    • It;s only a six-part series
    • And TV stations in america are buying the rights for it(So you know it's defiitely produced by Sky)

Will give it a try, though I'll probably switch off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The ads for this look terrible. It looks like a Buffy rip-off with loads of sex added to make sure people watch it.

So the question is: how crap do you think 'Hex' will be?

Loads of sex - nubile babes in all-girls school. How is that crap????????! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

And azezil comes in to ruin the fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I get the wierdest impression that from now on, when I try and convert people to the Cult of Buffy, I'm going to have to explain "It's not like Hex!" (As opposed to now, when I have to explain "It's not like Charmed!"). The fact that Sky are promoting it purely as a Buffy Rip off ("But with more Sex!") says bad, bad things about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Big Ears

mike65 wrote:
    Loads of sex - nubile babes in all-girls school. How is that crap????????! ;)

Mike.

Why the hell aren't Sky employing you to advertise this thing , thats sounds a lot better than the ads .

Erm... is it just me, or does every one of the cast look just a little bit... wierd? And not "Weird" in a kind of Angelina Jolie weird-but-attractive way, just... wierd?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

id have to go with wierd-but a little bit attractive,
    odd show..
    was pretty lame imo..
    and the main 'one' (cassy) has no character..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

and the main 'one' (cassy) has no character..
    Easy on the eyes though. Was the other one on that show 'As if' on E4? She looked kinda familiar.
    I didn't think it was crap, just not great. I prefered Azazel in the movie Fallen TBH.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

*nod*

good movie

oh that's right.. i was telling you about the time I *almost* died...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

anyone watch this last night...

seemed to have a high quality "american" looking production...
    made by the same people as "as if" which i only ever watched cos i fancied the one with the coloured hair etc... but seemed like a very good program...

the "slapper" from that is the lesbian in this which reminded a bit too much of buffy?

i was confused a bit as to what was going on but it look good and hope it stays as dark as it seems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

chewy wrote:

made by the same people as "as if" which i only ever watched cos i fancied the one with the coloured hair etc... but seemed like a very good program...

the "slapper" from that is the lesbian in this which reminded a bit too much of buffy?

i was confused a bit as to what was going on but it look good and hope it stays as dark as it seems

God I thought it was a crap show.

Clichéd beyond belief and typical sky (although it looks to be made with the BBC) "lets show her tits and some nudity to appeal to our core audience".

Poor acting and despite the apparent high production values it looked like a MFTV movie.

Oh they should probably invest in some story writers too, cos nothing of any interest happened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Threads Merged. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

Watched it the other night didn't think much off it switched it over after a half an hour :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,986 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Didn't see it so those anyone know what time(and day) its on mix ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

chewy wrote:

Didn't think this was much good - the style was right, but the story and the execution were pretty poor. Interesting to see Sony continue to work on UK productions, though I doubt this will be much of a success overseas.

Still, Columbia got its money back on As If, and with most non-BBC UK programming not usually doing well overseas, it's an interesting development to see a non-UK company putting its money into productions.

The Buffy comparisons are unfortunate - certainly doesn't do that great show any favours. Anyone seen this reviewed in any weekend newspapers? Curious to know what the UK critics thought.

It sounds less Buffy-with-nudity, and a little more distressingly like ... erm... The-Worst-Witch-with-nudity...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭Kain

Eh, its something to watch on a Sunday night. Nothng special though, although i do like Azrezl, he seems to know how things work:

"Do we actually have to pretend you have a choice".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Was Kelly Osbourne the hair stylist on this thing?

all the girls have horrible hair...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i taped it on sunday, and i'm gonna watch it tonight. i liked the quote from azezil on the ad, "There's only one angel here, and he fell a long time ago." it looks ok.

• Advertisement

Hmm.. nice to see that they made the show in 16mm (or was it 35mm). The look of the show as good, but it was a bit too blue and could have been more rich and dark to reflect the tone of the show. The scoring was absolutely awful. The acting was mixed but it might be down to the script. The girl from As If can act, but it really got on my nerves how many lesbianisms they put in throughout the show. She's gay, we get it, don't have to tell us twice, y'know?

Cassie isn't a very appealing character. Her emotions were very unclear and she doesn't seem to be suitable lead character becuase she seems too, I dunno. That coupled with the actor's mediocre acting. She also looks about 25.

Too many characters, too fast. None were really explored; the Cordelia-esque one who wasn't really, the male love interest etc.

Wah, i did like the guy at the second last scene, he was hot.

Advertisement