Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dawoo Lanos help?

Options
  • 18-10-2004 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Now im no car expert, but I need some advice,
    Am driving the missus car at the moment, and its in serious pain.
    its a 99 Dawoo Lanos, just shy of 40k up on the clock

Right basically its to do with acceleration,
    I can drive away fine but if I try to put my foot down, it just revs, but If I depress it an inch or so its it struggles away.

Any thoughts?
    -Toppy-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Your clutch is worn out. Take it to a reputable mechanic and give him/her €320-€350. Or trade it in and say nothing....

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭-Toppy-

well thanks for the advice but unfortunately twas too late I got about 2/3 of the way home and she gave up, I was onto daewoo already and they said a new clutch and fitting it would cost between 340 to 380, now all I got to do is get it to the garage
    -Toppy-

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

New clutch at 40k????
    What was she doing? driving with it half clutched all the time, it should have lasted a lot longer than that,i think some driving lessons are in order :D

Gary

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

That will be a deawoo or now the chevi Lanos :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Oh I had to bite my hand to resist that one - the Lanos is still the Mk3 opel Kadett isn't it? or was it redesigned when it changed from being the Nexia? Oh who cares - ignore last question.

Night night,

'c

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i know **** all about cars aswell, it sounds like i might need a new clutch,,,

i find that i have to change gears VERY quickly when taking off as it revs alot, and i can feel that the car needs to go into 5th gear even tho i'm only creepin up to 40mph.

Does this sound like a clutch problem??

(****, now i have to spend more money on this poxy car!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Friend had the same prob at 57000 miles :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Advertisement