Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA:SA soundtrack details released

Options
  • 18-10-2004 5:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/

they haven't given the full listing as yet, only the tracklist to the double cd which will follow release of the game.

CD 1
    1. The Theme From San Andreas
    2. Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
    3. 2 Pac - I Don't Give A ****
    4. James Brown - The Payback
    5. Ronnie Hudson - West Coast Poplock
    6. Guy - Groove Me
    7. Eddie Money - Two Tickets To Paradise
    8. Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man
    9. The Maytals - Pressure Drop
    10. Slick Rick - Children's Story
    11. Rick James - Cold Blooded
    12. Raze - Break 4 Love

CD 2
    1. Ohio Players - Funky Worm
    2. Heart - Barracuda
    3. Compton's Most Wanted - Hood Took Me Under
    4. Lyn Collins - Think About It
    5. Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause
    6. Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
    7. Bell Biv Devoe - Poison
    8. Max Romeo and The Upsetters - Chase The Devil
    9. Eric B and Rakim - I Know You Got Soul
    10. Willie Nelson - Crazy

Bonus Track:
    11. AFI - Head Like A Hole

http://eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=56956

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

not too impressed really...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Nah... nothing really great there... was sad to see Pearl Jam wern't being featured on the game, but ah well...
    You can't beat the cheese-tasticness of VC
    (did the xbox version have custom soundtracks on it? Hopefully SA will too)

flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Woah, a Faith No More song. Cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Eddie Money - Two Tickets To Paradise

Great song!

All these songs are gonna be stuck in your heads for the next year or so, even bad songs become lodged in your mind when you do something cool to it while playing......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

Eddie Money - Two Tickets To Paradise

Great song!

All these songs are gonna be stuck in your heads for the next year or so, even bad songs become lodged in your mind when you do something cool to it while playing......
    yeah exactly. I would have never listened to some of the songs from VC, but just from playing the game so much listening to the songs i got to like alot of them and i'm sure the same will go for SA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

2. Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

Brilliant Song, one of my favorite R.A.T.M. songs!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i just want to hear AFI's cover of that NiN classic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

Slick rick is probably the best tune there.. everyone needs to listen to the master of story telling. :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

While following the soundtrack link, I checked out the newest trailer. Liked what i saw, such as Jumping out of a jetliner with a parachute before the thing blows up. Sweet!

My mouth is watering. The dumbass that i am tho' i taught it was coming out on Friday. Doh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

delly wrote:
    While following the soundtrack link, I checked out the newest trailer. Liked what i saw, such as Jumping out of a jetliner with a parachute before the thing blows up. Sweet!

My mouth is watering. The dumbass that i am tho' i taught it was coming out on Friday. Doh!
    i was about to post that :p
    all 3 cities are now up at http://www.rockstargames.com/sanandreas/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

The site's slow as hell, it's probably getting hammered.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

not long to go now :D

though i have to wait an extra week because i bought off amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

that couldnt possibly be it? thats way too few tracks

tman wrote:
    they haven't given the full listing as yet, only the tracklist to the double cd which will follow release of the game.
    there should hopefully be 5 times that ammount in the game proper

On the soundtrack area of the site, where they preview the radio stations none of the stations are of the chat variety. Hopefully there will be one or two in the game, they were my favoured form of background noise in the previous games.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

impr0v wrote:
    On the soundtrack area of the site, where they preview the radio stations none of the stations are of the chat variety. Hopefully there will be one or two in the game, they were my favoured form of background noise in the previous games.
    I'll second that. The bible bashers are gas, as well as that mexican sounding guy, javis or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

impr0v wrote:

Yeah, remember Fernando from the first game? where he went on with Lazlow advertising his brothel and claimed it was a service for men with ugly wives? I was in tears. I actually taped the whole of the Kchat station on to a tape and listened to it in the car, aboslutely hilarious

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the radio stations in both games were brilliant. especially vice city. i loved the crusty donughts add. but fernando's add's were in both games, i think.

also, the add's for pogo the monkey and any of the phone in pieces were brilliant.

"i like to thrust my tongue in the middle and lick around the outside".

Perhaps some of the guys with the..um...pre-release preview copies of the game from the other thread might be able to enlighten us as to whether there are chat stations or not..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Yes there is :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I know its a long shot but is the country song about the hairy women in San Andreas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hmmm seems to be a fair few songs there with bad language, wonder will they be doing some creative editing... especially on that RATM song where it ends in him singing "fok you..." over and over :p

SantaHoe wrote:
    Hmmm seems to be a fair few songs there with bad language, wonder will they be doing some creative editing... especially on that RATM song where it ends in him singing "fok you..." over and over :p
    have you watched the latest trailer?
    they didn't bother editing the focks out of that, so i seriously doubt they'll bother editing them out of the game.
    its an 18/m game ffs

ftp://dialup.edgefiles.com/gtagaming.com/www/sanandreas/movies/GTASA_TRAILER3_480x360.zip

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ahh good to hear.
    Yeah I watched one trailer a few weeks ago, didn't notice any cussing though.
    Downloading that one now... urgh 7Kb/s though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

the funniest ad had to be for the film "Exploder",

"Tim, they have your family!"

"But I'm not married!!"

"You are now... to America."

hehehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Faith No More and Rage Against The Machine are the only two songs i really find interesting.

tman wrote:
    have you watched the latest trailer?
    they didn't bother editing the focks out of that, so i seriously doubt they'll bother editing them out of the game.
    its an 18/m game ffs

ftp://dialup.edgefiles.com/gtagaming.com/www/sanandreas/movies/GTASA_TRAILER3_480x360.zip

Even the radio station samplers on the site are swear-rich. On the alternative station the female dj says something like 'my name is [whatever] and yes it's my real name, if you don't believe me I don't give a f&%$" and then ratm kick in. All the previous games shied away from the f-word, but I guess it's too integral a part of Los Angeles in the early 90's to be omitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I know its a long shot but is the country song about the hairy women in San Andreas.
    A song from the original GTA, right?

Advertisement