Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeons & Dragons

• 22-04-2001 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Did anyone else see Dungeons & Dragons, cause O MY GOD the CGI were amazing and the backdrop matte painting were incredible!!!

All i can say is that i've been waiting two years for this film to be made and i am so not disappointed!

Ltr!!
    Raife!! smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

god dammit i was waitin for it to come out too then everyone told me it was crap so i didn't bother goin....arg!

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

nope, im not even going to bother, ahhwell ive started ao i'll finish.
    people here will know that i dont really critizise a film unless its really bad. but this, OMG! what a waste of an hour and a half of my life. sure, the visuals were nice, but thats it. i mean seriously. aparently there was a dwarf in it (bigger than the other characters) i have bno idea hwta its name was. thats the amount of character development that went on. the plot was non-existant, and the scriptimng was sooo bad.
    if they ever make a sequal, i hope i am dead before it comes out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

yeah

/me agrees with WWMan,

the film was thoroughly disappointing, yeah ok the graphics were good, yeah the CGI and backdrops were good, but for someone like m3h who dont give a toss about that stuff it was a huge dissapointment,

the storyline was non-existent, which is bad considering that they have 15 years of cartoons and games by which to run,

i hope this is one of those great films that will be re-made very soon after its frist release

/me lives i hope

Im Going to Thrash you to within an Inch of your Life.....................
    AND THEN TAKE THAT INCH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Raife:
    Did anyone else see Dungeons & Dragons, cause O MY GOD the CGI were amazing and the backdrop matte painting were incredible!!!

All i can say is that i've been waiting two years for this film to be made and i am so not disappointed!

Ltr!!
    Raife!! smile.gif
    </font>

Please tell me your joking !!

Everyone is perfectly entitled to their own opinion, but bloody hell dude....

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

My brother saw it and siad the same about the CGI. He did however saw the rest was dodgy. I shall await he video release me thinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Methinks the plot line was aimed at the kiddies.

But for any mature gamer, it was a huge letdown. Beautiful imagery, but it was so so linear. A few interesting minor characters, or a little tension/drama/undead could have made a little more entertaining.

That said my girlfriend loved it, so maybe it's just depends on what you were expecting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nesf:

That said my girlfriend loved it, so maybe it's just depends on what you were expecting.
    </font>

either that or your girlfriend is a carrot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:

either that or your girlfriend is a carrot...
    </font>

It would have to be a blind carrot at that.

Probably the only thing worse is "Freddy got Fingered". I would guess that one will go sraight to video in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Lol @ blind carrot.

I was more diplomatic in my expressing of my veiws to her reaction to the film, but I think you captured the essence of it.

Advertisement