Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Titan AE, (awful Effort?)

• 24-04-2001 1:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I just saw Titan AE on DVD, as I am duty bound to do as a HUGE sci-fi fan. I thought the CGI was about the most impressive I have ever seen, not to mention the outstandng design and scenery.

But the acting? I could hardly understand (let alone hear) what some of the actors were saying, and this aside from a woeul scriot. Was it my imagination of was the lip sink off on a fair bit of the moivie?

As for the plot. I can see why it was not a great success even thoug it cost 80 milion to make. It was apparently aimed at a teenage audiance, but it seems to have no particular appeal as a movie to any particular demographic. Reminded alot of "Star Chaser: the Legend of Orin", a starwars rip off that floundered simularly and also has the backing of Mr. Bluth.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,906 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I liked it, if only 'cause it looked great, and was aimed at a higher age group(which I'm beyond anyway), a step in the right direction animated film wise, pity it didn't do well in the box ofice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

Go see Iron Giant instead. Now thats a quality sf movie with great animation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

The Iron man was part of the course in Primary school when I was a kid. First (actual) book I ever read and it got me hooked on sci-fi from an impressionalble age. I had completely forgotten they made a movie about it. Is it out on video/DVD yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

I loved Titan AE... one mans meat is anothers poison, and all that. It was the closest thing I've seen to anime in a western cinema - still miles off the quality of plot and acting you get in anime, but getting close. Shame Don Bluth Studios died so soon after its release :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

It had some cool animation, but I must agree on the anime point. But then again the majority of people in the west have trouble identifying with eastern themes. Just look at some of the reactions to Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

the iron Giant is indeed out on both dvd\video
    it is also being show on sky digital as of last sunday !!!

Titan on the other hand the dvd version has a good bit cut out from the movie version i saw in the flicks a good few months back.
    i did enjoy it in the movies but once i got it on DVD it just failed to impress me at all !!!!.
    i much prefer the iron giant !!! that film is brill

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

Advertisement