Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Werewolf in London on DVD!

• 24-04-2001 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I've just found that the classic John Landis horror flick American Werewolf in London is coming out on dvd. It's so much better than the dismel sequel 'Werewolf in Paris'.
    If anyone hasn't seen this film it's quite simply the scariest movie ever made. And it's shot in Britain. You'll never go into into a Devonshire pub again. Pint down at the Slaughtered Lamb aanyone? Check out the DVD here:
    www.game.uk.com/review.asp?tab=other&rev_id=137690
    They're a computer games site but they're way ahead of others on this classic movie.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 jake.cop

I forgot to mention it's only £15.99 at the moment. I'm not sure if it should be this cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">'scariest film ever made'</font>

Er, no.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

HAHAHAHA
    I remember that film, it was ok
    I wouldn't pay £15.99 for it on DVD though.

?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OJ:
    HAHAHAHA
    I remember that film, it was ok
    I wouldn't pay £15.99 for it on DVD though.
    </font>

So a film with the most realistic Werewolf Transformation sequence ever filmed doesn't appeal to you? The genuinlly terrifying execution of someone's entire family by mutilated demons in front of his very eyes, before having his throat slit isn't scary?
    I fear for those that can't appreciate a decent film when it comes around, it's not as if decent films are common.
    Someone who names himself after a Jon Woo villain should realise that, Castor Troy was a lot of fun, but still a big dumb plodding badly written, slo-mo heavy actioner. Do yourselves a favour, quit talking about films and try watching them. Don't read a review first, and don't wait for your mates to tell you what you thought of it before you know yourself.
    American Werewolf in London is the best horror movie ever made. I challenge anyone to walk the London Underground alone after watching it.

[This message has been edited by jake.cop (edited 24-04-2001).]

I have walked the London Underground alone on numerous occasions since I first saw American Werewolf.

What do I win?

• Advertisement

The award for being the most easily led into popular movies and actually knowing nothing about them.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    I have walked the London Underground alone on numerous occasions since I first saw American Werewolf.

What do I win?
    </font>

Wow you certainly worked that out from indepth knowledge of me and my film tastes. I actually like American Werewolf, dickhead, but it was only made 20 years ago now, so lets face it , just about anyone who wants to see it, has already seen it.

Dick head? Your eloquence astounds me. So American Werewolf was made 20 years ago and isn't worth seeing. Star Wars was made 24 years ago, Alien 21 years, films are old so they're not worth seeing? No of course they're not, what was that word again? ah yes, dickhead.
    Anyone that hasn't seen this film should, if you know of a scarier movie do tell.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Castor Troy:
    Wow you certainly worked that out from indepth knowledge of me and my film tastes. I actually like American Werewolf, dickhead, but it was only made 20 years ago now, so lets face it , just about anyone who wants to see it, has already seen it.</font>

Advertisement