Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying gear(where???)

Options
  • 19-10-2004 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

hey guys

My friend is looking for a good site that delivers to ireland he wants a specific reel and some other gear.

Ambassadeur Eon Pro reel - 270 sterling (400euro)

Anybody??????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭PH01

I've used http://www.mikestackleshop.co.uk/ and thought they were OK. Got a whole load of stuff at a fraction of what I would have paid here. But they may not have the reel you want

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I was looking for Okuma reel for a spinning rod I'm getting. Mike shop is handy. Only thing is I'm not sure what type to get.

Looks like I'll be getting a Ron Thompson Hard Core Spin 8'
    I want a reel to put with this to be primarily used for pike fishing with lures.
    So many different types...
    any recommendations from anyone on the fixed spool reels?
    I assume the more you spend the better the reel...more ball bearings...smoother action, etc.
    What's the difference between rear & front drag reel?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Ive always found rear drag superior, basically because its handier to adjust on the fly. The Schamino fightin'drag is a great system too.

I'd recommend schamino or DAM (if you can find them) reels.

Just ordered a RT X'Cite Spin 8' (15-40g) and Okuma reel from Mikes Shop.
    Lookin forward to getting it soon and grabbin some pikeys

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

i used www.fishingmegastore.com and found them very good for there selection of tackle and reasonable prices. i bought a fly reel from them and got it in about ten days!

they have the largest tackleshop in the world ( i think) and are based in Glasgow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 samonwalkabout

I use http://www.veals.co.uk/ quite a lot, find them to be good, have a lot of choice and often carry the "new things" that take a long time to filter into Irish shops. And they often work out cheaper!

Just got my Rod & reel from mikes shop after 4 days of the order placed. Very happy with the service. Even threw in a free rod tube.

Advertisement