Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running Goooooood

Options
  • 19-10-2004 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭

I split 1st prize last night (1500 each), in the €100 Freezeout in the Fitz. A special thanks has to go to Marq for Getting me out of trouble on more than one occasion. Crucial hand of my night: Theres a few limpers to my small blind and I make it 3400 to go (blinds are 200 400, I have about another 7000) with 86s. Paddy calls in EP and everyone else folds. Flop comes up A Q Q, with 2 of my suit. I think for a while and push all in. He calls immediately with 10 10. Marq turns a club and I get a playable stack.

At the final table I got the rest of Paddy stack, I raised in mp with JQs and he calls from the BB. The flop came up Q high. Paddy bet 5000 and I thought for a good while. Against a lot of players I would of folded here, but laying down hands doesnt seem like its paddys strong point, and there are only two hands that he wouldnt of reraised with that Im behind, AQ and KQ. So I put him all in for another 12000 aprox. He calls with AK (!) and I dont get unlucky. It was plain sailing after that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

You're on a great roll HJ. Keep it up. I know its a different thread but will Fridays cash game go ahead ? Last time I looked there weren't too many takers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

All I can say is ************** I hate those K's

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Well done Hectorjelly, it was actually 8c5c you had against Paddy. Two of my home game players were at your table and we have a theory that 85 is the new AA, once again proved last night! You played a blinder, how you managed to not loose a huge chunk of your stack with your AJ with AJ on the board was some quality play. Congrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

Hyzepher wrote:
    All I can say is ************** I hate those K's

Hyzepher

I forgot about that hand. I limped in LP with KK, poor old hyzepher (who out chipped me by 100) raised and I moved all in. He had QQ.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

yup well done Hector. Some great play on the second last table I thought, robbing blinds in the right spots and as JP said, managing to get away lightly enough from Pat Crowe's flopped house. although I think pat was surprised to get any money out of you with the two kings on the board!

• Advertisement

careca wrote:
    You're on a great roll HJ. Keep it up. I know its a different thread but will Fridays cash game go ahead ? Last time I looked there weren't too many takers.

Unless we get a sudden rush of late entries, its not looking too likely :(

Unless we get a sudden rush of late entries, its not looking too likely :(

Probably just as well for me, considering your recent run ;)

I stuck my name down for Muso's tonight instead so its doubtful I would make it now even if there is a sudden rush.

Next time.

careca wrote:
    Probably just as well for me, considering your recent run ;)

I stuck my name down for Muso's tonight instead so its doubtful I would make it now even if there is a sudden rush.

Next time.

Last night I played the 4k and the 7.5k on VC, and lost in exactly the same circumstances. Both times I was on the Big Blind with a nice hand, 45s and 10Qs. Both times somebody minimum raised, making it impossible for me to fold. Both times I hit two pair; got the idiot who minimum raised all in with his overpair, and both times either the board paired or they hit their 2 outer. Ill lose about 3/10 times in that situation. I did manage to finish 5th in a Pokerstars mtt though, so it wasnt all bad. I got $500 which was pretty good for a $10 rebuy!

Last night I played the 4k and the 7.5k on VC, and lost in exactly the same circumstances. Both times I was on the Big Blind with a nice hand, 45s and 10Qs. Both times somebody minimum raised, making it impossible for me to fold. Both times I hit two pair; got the idiot who minimum raised all in with his overpair, and both times either the board paired or they hit their 2 outer. Ill lose about 3/10 times in that situation. I did manage to finish 5th in a Pokerstars mtt though, so it wasnt all bad. I got $500 which was pretty good for a $10 rebuy!

Nice one (the $500, not the bad beats).

I've been threatening to go on-line for quite a while now. I work in IT and the thoughts of turning on a pc when I get home just doesn't appeal to me. Still, when I hear all the big wins, I'm starting to get greedy. Will prob set myself up early next year and play in some WSOP sats. What kind of entry fee are the 4k and 7.5k tournies. How many play.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

You really should Neil. You're a good player and you'll find the quality of players on line to be far (far far far) worse than the Fitz or the Merrion. Also in tournaments you'll find you're far better equipped to deal with the big blinds in the latter stages and making those survival moves as it's something online players don't deal with on the regular basis you do in live play. Also you get to see far more cards per minute or whatever which is nice.

The fitz is a good school. You'll make money.

• Advertisement

DapperGent wrote:
    You really should Neil. You're a good player and you'll find the quality of players on line to be far (far far far) worse than the Fitz or the Merrion. Also in tournaments you'll find you're far better equipped to deal with the big blinds in the latter stages and making those survival moves as it's something online players don't deal with on the regular basis you do in live play. Also you get to see far more cards per minute or whatever which is nice.

The fitz is a good school. You'll make money.

I find, the standard online in the higher stakes tournaments and cash games is far better than the standard in Dublin. I see a lot more big mistakes made offline.

careca wrote:
    Nice one (the $500, not the bad beats).

I've been threatening to go on-line for quite a while now. I work in IT and the thoughts of turning on a pc when I get home just doesn't appeal to me. Still, when I hear all the big wins, I'm starting to get greedy. Will prob set myself up early next year and play in some WSOP sats. What kind of entry fee are the 4k and 7.5k tournies. How many play.

18$ and 27$ respectively. The standard is a lot higher at the 7.5k tournament. If you play the 4k one you will need to get good cards and show them down. I work in IT as well, I must spend 3/4's of my waking life in front of a computer! They get around 100 players on average.

DapperGent wrote:
    You really should Neil. You're a good player .

Are you just trying to sweet talk me so I won't steal your BB tonight ???

18$ and 27$ respectively. The standard is a lot higher at the 7.5k tournament. If you play the 4k one you will need to get good cards and show them down. I work in IT as well, I must spend 3/4's of my waking life in front of a computer! They get around 100 players on average.

Thanks Hector.

Advertisement