Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie doesnt load?

Options
  • 19-10-2004 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Boards.ie doesnt seem to load up for me. pie & muppet do... fairly slowly at times. Not sure if its just me or what. All other sites seem to load fine

Any ideas?:D

Or still fidgeting with servers and what not?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

When you say boards.ie, do you mean 'boards.ie' or 'www.boards.ie' ? although, both are working for me here. I think our load balancer is being a bit stingy with the number of connections it allows or something like that because I've seen that behaviour too as have many others. We're getting it checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Ok its loading now :D although that happened earlier as well (On, off, off, on etc)

www.boards.ie wouldnt load at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

I noticed this last night aswell - www.boards.ie was remotely closing connections on me. Pie was very slow but muppet was grand. Wierd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I was getting woeful connectivity on boards.ie last week, but I saw the announcement and switched to pie. That's been getting slower and slower over the last week though, close to unusable. Trying muppet now, but I thought these were being balanced...

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

was using pie.boards.ie, since the new server was up and running. got slower and slower all week. changed to muppet.boards.ie earlier today, and its running quite fast. www.boards.ie wont even connect at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

www working fine for me all day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'm having the same problems, I didn't realise I could type in http://muppet.boards.ie that worked.
    www.boards.ie wouldn't load or load extremely slowly. Then I click login and it would wait then I don't get in. Happened last night also... couldn't log into irc cause I'm at college labs... so I guessed boards.ie was down.
    But I'm happy with http://muppet.boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

was using pie.boards.ie, since the new server was up and running. got slower and slower all week. changed to muppet.boards.ie earlier today, and its running quite fast. www.boards.ie wont even connect at all.

Ditto! www.boards.ie will not load at all, pie takes ages, while muppet is a little slowish sometimes...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Stopped working for me at about 4pm today....will let me login using IE but not firefox....anyone else havin the same difficulties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

same here. usually use www. then moved to pie. but that became very slow. Now using muppet. much faster :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Rabies wrote:
    same here. usually use www. then moved to pie. but that became very slow. Now using muppet. much faster :confused:

Exact same here. Haven't been able to use www. since Sunday night...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

fletch wrote:
    Stopped working for me at about 4pm today....will let me login using IE but not firefox....anyone else havin the same difficulties?
    WFM - Firefox, muppet is much faster, what's up guys :confused: ?

</edit>WFM stands for Works For Me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Muppet fine

Pie just alive

regular dead.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

same as above.

Just as well the muppet exists :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭samo

Was cracking up trying to get access using www.boards.ie last few days, so am saved thanks to the muppet address which didnt know was an option! I was able to log on but taking an eternity to open a thread or else getting connection server lost....

thought my PC was on strike from opening up boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I wonder is the site access down??? Are the less users logging on atm? If so then perhaps they have the same probby and don't know about muppet... just a though

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

big cynic though I am, even I must admit boards.ie is very sprightly on it's feet at 2 am, whoever is working the night shift as system admin does a great job and deserves a pat on the back, maybe moving the guy to the early shift could help sort out some of the problems ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭mad m

same problems here,brutal load up with www.boards.ie then few minutes ago moved over to muppet and its abit faster but still brutal.....not even going to try pie....

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

big cynic though I am, even I must admit boards.ie is very sprightly on it's feet at 2 am, whoever is working the night shift as system admin does a great job and deserves a pat on the back, maybe moving the guy to the early shift could help sort out some of the problems ?
    I'd say that's just a load issue;

2am = not many people on (sleeping)
    2pm = lots of people on. (college and browsing, lunch and browsing or work and browsing)

• Advertisement

I think he's just being a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭clearz

What do yous mean Yesterday. This has been going on and off for months. I have never seen another site like it. GET RID OF YOUR HOSTING (hosting365.ie). Do they guarantee 99% uptime or 9%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

I was gettting bare problems from www.boards.ie, but using the prefix muppet or pie have both grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

So is this a long term thing or will we be going back to just plain old boards.ie, what was the reason/cause for people not been able to logon all the time using just "boards.ie"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

:eek: I have been having the same problem with the official www.boards.ie/
    website all week, I was going and making a cup of tea, while I waited for it to load which it would eventually do, and I have recently got broadband!.

Anyway, On the IrelandOffline forum Dahamsta told me about muppet , I thought he was joking and pulling my leg, but when I tried it, it worked superfast :) Today I am still using muppet that I had never heard of before, as the official website is very very slow loading.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

So should we all move to muppet or wait for everyone else to and have pie all to ourselves?

ecksor wrote:
    I think he's just being a twat.
    My 'benefit-of-the-doubt-ometer' must be malfunctioning.

clearz wrote:
    What do yous mean Yesterday. This has been going on and off for months. I have never seen another site like it. GET RID OF YOUR HOSTING (hosting365.ie). Do they guarantee 99% uptime or 9%

We're not having any hosting problems that I'm aware of, but thank you for your input.

For clarity, I do want to hear about the problems that people are having accessing the site, but please don't say "This has been going on all week" or for months or whatever. We've recently fixed some nasty configuration issues and www.boards.ie works fine for me now. If you're having a problem from now on please say so and say what hostname wasn't working (if any) and what hostname does work (if any) because there's nothing definite here that confirms that people are still having problems.

Although www.boards.ie had some problems, our aim is to try to keep that working while muppet and pie may occasionally disappear for more regular maintenance and upgrades.

• Advertisement

ecksor wrote:
    For clarity, I do want to hear about the problems that people are having accessing the site, but please don't say "This has been going on all week" or for months or whatever. We've recently fixed some nasty configuration issues and www.boards.ie works fine for me now. If you're having a problem from now on please say so and say what hostname wasn't working (if any) and what hostname does work (if any) because there's nothing definite here that confirms that people are still having problems.

Although www.boards.ie had some problems, our aim is to try to keep that working while muppet and pie may occasionally disappear for more regular maintenance and upgrades.
    Is there a way you can set it up so that users would be automatically redirected to a running server if the one they attempt to connect to is down?

Advertisement