Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie doesnt load?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

CuLT wrote:
    Is there a way you can set it up so that users would be automatically redirected to a running server if the one they attempt to connect to is down?
    That's the idea of the load balancing and failover that they've stuck on the servers.

You connect to www.boards.ie and the server makes some nifty calcumalations and sends you to either pie.boards.ie or wang.boards.ie depending on a few variables. If either pie or wang go down (oh teh pun!), www.boards.ie should keep pointing your requests at the functioning server, so you shouldn't notice a difference.

That's how I understand it anyway.

I assume the configuration issues were to do with what happens when you connect to www.boards.ie, which is why people were having success connecting directly to the web servers (pie and wang/muppet), but not when using www.boards.ie.

That's just my theory anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

www.boards.ie was really slow for me a while ago, read the announcement and switched to pie a week or two ago which has now gone to the dogs. Switched to muppet today and it works super freaky fast but wont the same thing just happen again, when more ppl switch to muppet it will just go slow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

What I would really like to know now is: How do we turn Ecksor into a sweetie pie ?... He says "I would like to know" but, do not use this phrase or that word. Christ it makes you feel as if your back at school :confused:

Am I correct, this is the Feedback Forum right.

Right then, Paddy20 contemplates his navel, as he has lost the plot completely :D

N.B. Oh, I really like Ecksors News on the front page, last updated 18/08 ?.. It's really up to date, with hot news :D Phhhhht.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ecksor wrote:
    I think he's just being a twat.

Even you have to admit that was funny Ecksor, humourous is the word you were looking for not twat, on a serious note, it's been fine all day today, fast load times so somebody musta fixed something

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Paddy, the whole point is that if you don't actually present information that we can use then your feedback isn't much use to us, which I tend to assume people are intending it to be unless they're just wasting time. Your phrases or words are how you communicate and out of date information isn't of any use at all. My intention is to make clear what information we're looking for and why (which I did explain in my post). If people are posting here about how the performance is abysmal then it makes sense that they give us some information that will make it no longer abysmal.

Anyway, it's unlike you to post on the Feedback forums when you're not having a go at Gandalf.

In general, from now on, it should be best that people use www.boards.ie first and the others only as a second/last resort.

• Advertisement

Even you have to admit that was funny Ecksor, humourous is the word you were looking for not twat, on a serious note, it's been fine all day today, fast load times so somebody musta fixed something

Um, no. Look around boards and you'll find that there are some geniunely funny people around. You're not one of them. Considering your recent history on this forum and the fact that I'm one piece of evidence away from nailing you as a filthy multi-account crapmonger on these forums I tend to label you twat until proven otherwise.

ecksor wrote:
    Um, no. Look around boards and you'll find that there are some geniunely funny people around. You're not one of them. Considering your recent history on this forum and the fact that I'm one piece of evidence away from nailing you as a filthy multi-account crapmonger on these forums I tend to label you twat until proven otherwise.

twat I may or may not be, but I'm happy :D , wish you could be too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Ecksor,

Re: Gandalf,

I stopped having a go at Gandalf a long time ago, I even took his name off my ignore list, and I have even posted on the Politics forum again.

No point in being annoyed forever. Life's too short!. ;)

twat I may or may not be, but I'm happy :D , wish you could be too

I'm happier than I've ever been. Do you think that only unhappy people point out that you're a twat?

ecksor wrote:
    I'm happier than I've ever been. Do you think that only unhappy people point out that you're a twat?

Nah Im sure they do, but you seemed very stressed out, it's bad for you know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'm at home now on my BB. Pinged pie, muppet and www and they are all nice around the 24ms... But I find it very difficult to get on... its 5am. I don't understand. I am using ie on this machine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Sniipe wrote:
    I'm at home now on my BB. Pinged pie, muppet and www and they are all nice around the 24ms... But I find it very difficult to get on... its 5am. I don't understand. I am using ie on this machine.
    Think it just went down for a backup as it usualy does in the small hours of the morning... seems fine now.

Advertisement