Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cars in Movies.

• 25-04-2001 11:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

Me is well mad about cars, got lotsa favourites.

What i want to hear about is what car/vehicle from what film would be your dream way to travel.

Mine is the black car they use in the Matrix, and another is the Pontiac Firebird they used in Smokey and the Bandit, theres a long ass list of otheres but i wont go into that now.

PS:Could anyone enlighten me to what make and model it is, would be grateful.

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

I would drive a Smart Car as seen in any crazy ass French movie at the IFC.
    Now the Smart Car is a car I could grow to love.

Either that or The Celtic Tiger's "POWER VECTRA" as seen in the 2001 TCT/Gerry co-production, "At the end of the day."

My Adolescent website:
    http://www.iol.net/~mullent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

some class cars in "gone in 60 seconds"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

kit! night riders car biggrin.gif
    that was so cool biggrin.gif

or the troop transport form aliens!!!

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Delorean as seen in BTTF films. christ i want one of those cars smile.gif

pity they stopped making them cry.gif

- Ciaran
    karate-kid.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Herbie - The Lovebug

clip2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Personally I would like cruising around in the Batmobile (Batman Returns).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Any of the Cannonball Run cars smile.gif

Nil Desperandum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    Delorean as seen in BTTF films. christ i want one of those cars smile.gif

pity they stopped making them cry.gif

</font>

shipping company I worked with during the summer were shipping a proper Delorean (not the hollow shell jobs you see around) one day.. horrible sound off the engine, car is rusting everywhere due to its stainless steel bodywork, dodgy sliding windows didnt work so water was leaking in when it rained, absolutely crummy interior (even for the 80s).
    Thats why they stopped making them. Because they sucked smile.gif

Anyway...
    From films I'd have to go with the yellow Ferrari 355 Spider in The Rock or the absolutely gorgeous Shelby Mustang GT500 (Eleanor) from Gone in 60 seconds.
    Or the ATeam van for pure tack power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

The only way to travel is in that big industrial earth-mover-thingy from one of the Jackie Chan Films, can't remember which. But I can remember him doing a climb up one of the tyres etc.

Ahh, driving that down the Cork-Mallow road smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Mine would be that Black Humvee from The Rock and I'd like to drive it thru Dublin City Centre the same way Sean Connary did in the that film.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

mine with out question would be the AC Cobra from Bad boys ... it's my fav car.
    but if i wanted something that would make heads turn it would have to be the troop transoprt from ailens !!!!!!

I'd date then to give me a ticket !!!

at a push i'd settle for Herbie !!! but it would have to be the real mcoy !!!
    biggrin.gif

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Paranoid Android

Eleanor is very cool, I also like the black Vette roadster in Rush Hour.
    Oh yeah and if I had a motorbike license I'd take the Ducati 916 from Fled
    Oh Yeah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

ferris8.jpg

the 1961 ferrari gt california from ferris bueller's day off biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Gerry

I'll have to be unoriginal, and also go for the ferrari 355 in the rock, even if its better in red. I don't think they have made a film with the f40 in it yet smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">the 1961 ferrari gt california from ferris bueller's day off</font>

my god. one of the most beautiful machines of all time. (as mentioned on Motors Board smile.gif )

Gerry.. sure that Japanese guy made a film with his F40 in it.. doin 199mph wink.gif

Kento-Shiro..

just noticed your original question about the car from the Matrix.. its a Lincoln Continental, used to have 3 matchbox models of them, good oul square american cars smile.gif

edit.. seems im right
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=matrix+lincoln ...
    turns out its a 1964 model (obviously wink.gif )

[This message has been edited by Kali (edited 27-04-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Nice one Kali, ta smile.gif

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭UNIFLU

a nice bulky softop oldsmobile would be nice, theres one floating about dublin ive seen a few times over the last year, damn fine machine. if not possible can i please have a strawberry milkshake and bathful of melted marshmallows please????

E.

Advertisement