Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom 1901..............

• 19-10-2004 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

ok
    ive moved into a new house.
    im trying to get eircom to turn on the phone line,
    ringing 1901 on my mobile ,
    so far so good.
    so the hold queue is about 10-15 mins,
    no prob,
    but ive got through 3 times now, only to be put straight back onto hold and transferred to another department who happily inform me to ring 1901....

when i get through i dont get to speak to anyone , they must have there phones on mute and just hitting transfer :/

im getting bored of it and running out of batery on my phone too.
    anyone know a beter number to ring or a direct line?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

well, finally got through
    only to be told i need a forwarding adress for the previous tenants and to ring back when i get it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Chalk wrote:
    well, finally got through
    only to be told i need a forwarding adress for the previous tenants and to ring back when i get it :/
    Uh, no.

The responsibility of tracking down the previous tenants is their problem not yours.

Is the issue to do with unpaid bills? I'm not sure, but maybe someone here can tell you - when you buy a home, you don't buy the debts of the seller. Unpaid bills are debts against the seller, not debts against the line.

sorry, its a rented house.
    we need confirmation from the landlord that were new tenants , and eircom want a forwarding address for the previous people.

they left a bill of a grand on the line so i think they might be suspicous of anyone trying to get out of the debt ?

im more worried about the hold queue than the financial issue as according to the agent it should be ok, and we wont have to pay it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

TBH Chalk, this is eircom's problem not yours, Keep at them and don't take no for an answer. If they won't enable the line talk to comreg about it. I can see their point about a large debt being owed from the previous tenants but as I said it's not your problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Regarding the 1901 problem, try dialling "0" during the first set of robot voices. I got a human being that way. If you ask for Sales, they get excited, forget instructions, and may put you through to a Suit. Although disappointed, the Suit might transfer you to a real department. Don't bet on it, though, and don't get annoyed with anyone (or let it show!). :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Redshift wrote:
    If they won't enable the line talk to comreg about it.
    B0llocks, file the complaint now. Eircom are totally chancing their arm on this and you need to make sure they don't do it to the next person that comes along.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dahamsta wrote:
    B0llocks, file the complaint now. Eircom are totally chancing their arm on this and you need to make sure they don't do it to the next person that comes along.

adam
    They did this to me when I bought my house. Last owners rang numbers in Botswana and left a 2K bill. Eircom wouldn't connect up my line for 6 weeks saying that I was the mystery bill owner trying to use a different name to get the line on.
    I told them I would stick my solictors on them and they connected the line a week later.

Its Eircoms Problem to sort out their debtors not yours!

thanks for the encouraging responses everyone :)

im going to try to get esat to do the whole thing for me.
    i want to get broadband aswell
    so i think if i sign up for a phone and broadband package with them it works out cheaper in the long run

ill give esat a ring and see what they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ESat Don't supply lines. You can only go thru eircom, sorry:(

yeah , just found out :/
    will eircom give me a bill and phone number when i get the line activated ?
    is it hard to migrate then to bt or will i get a line and then get to choose a provider after ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

If you ring up eircom and ask for a line, they'll set up a new account in your name. If there are any arrears on the line, tell them that's not your problem, as you haven't transferred the old account into your name.

It'll take about week then (after the line is activated), and you can ring them and get your account number. Then you can port over to Esat or UTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭query

Esat are well able to order new lkines. it's a function of wholesale line rental.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tcoogan

I've been trying for 3 days to get through to 1901 - can it really be engaged all the time. I'm really annoyed and frustrated - it's such a waste of time. Can any one advise me how to go about having broadband removed from my account without needing to go through that number? I can't locate any email address! Thanks a mill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

tcoogan wrote: »
    I've been trying for 3 days to get through to 1901 - can it really be engaged all the time. I'm really annoyed and frustrated - it's such a waste of time. Can any one advise me how to go about having broadband removed from my account without needing to go through that number? I can't locate any email address! Thanks a mill.

Eh, I've been on to them twice in the last couple of days. Is there something wrong with your phone perhaps?

Eircom also have their own forum, manned by their own staff on boards.ie

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1293

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement