Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

War isn't funny....

Options
  • 19-10-2004 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

..but this is.

Especially if it's true, which it might be.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Heh... I bet it was all just a cunning recruitment piece aimed at the beatniks and hippies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭adjodlo

Brilliant :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Heh... I bet it was all just a cunning recruitment piece aimed at the beatniks and hippies :D

'..and now this soldier is climbing a tree....to feed the birds.'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

link didn't work for me.. is that the video of the british army testing LSD on troops?

if so then yes, it is a class vid :D

lsd was used originally by the CIA as a brainwashing tool, they'd feed it (in high doses)to people being interrogated (without telling them) and tell them that if they didn't fess up the effects would be permament..

also, from another site..
    Yea, I saw an awesome documentary on the History Channel called "Getting High: The History of LSD". It was great, and told how a ton of government officials would slip it into each others' drinks to observe the effects of it.
    Also the lead singer of Jefferson Airplane talks about how she was invited to the Whitehouse for a brunch. She planned on sneaking some acid into Nixon's coffee, but the guards wouldn't let her in because they knew of her excessive use of drugs and her reputation as a counter-culture icon. Woulda been cool.

hehe, nixon on acid.. that would have been brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Mordeth wrote:
    link didn't work for me.. is that the video of the british army testing LSD on troops?

Sure is. Well worth a look if you have the compatible software.

Platoon leader collapsing in a fit of giggles is not something we would have seen in Band of Brothers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

They still managed to capture a prisoner. How?

I saw something on this years ago on tv. The officer held it together quite well but then says at one point in plummy toff tone "I have lost the ability to command." I always thought The Shamen or Primal Scream or someone should have sampled it and used it for a drug anthem or whatever. The video would feature Mr C dressed as a general (complete with comedy moustache) in a field full of spazzing "troops".

Advertisement