Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedensday €20 Game at the Merrion/Fitz

Options
  • 19-10-2004 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi

I got a ticket to the Merrion €20 game on Wedensday and i'm just wondering what's it like? As there is a limit to the rebuys you can get and it's for a bit more money, i would imagine it would be a little bit more, er, sensible?

Also, does anybody play 5 Card Draw on Tuesday (horrible, horrible game)
    Thanks
    A

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I like the Wednesday game but it's been getting a bit madder recently. I'll be in myself seeing as I also won a free entry.
    During the rebuy I basically play the same game as any other time while everyone goes mad. I don't subscribe to the "It's a rebuy, 72o has outs" strategy.
    MadSL should pop in any second with his "Played in the 5 card draw tourney...." story. I haven't played it. We should make MadSL's story a sticky as there seems to be someone asking about the 5 card draw every other week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

thanks for that

i ask about 5 card draw out of sheer morbid curiosity. it brings me back those good auld drunken nights in college

i'll see yurz 2p and raizh y 5

ha 3 diamonds - read em and wee....oh waiz.. what did you say about me?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

The blue rinse brigade will rip your heart out and show it to you still beating, at the 5-card draw night. And then offer you tea!

Totally different crowd but very good draw players apparently...

DeV

Advertisement