Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Info on new Star Trek series

• 29-04-2001 7:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭

Hey

First off a big shout out to Monty, when ya get the chance e-mail me mate.

Anyway as regards star trek in general I think The Next Generation is brilliant, Voyager and DS9 suck (14M viewers for TNG, 3M for Voyager in the US...) I wasn't around for TOS so I can't really comment on that.

There's a major rumour going round at the moment that the new series is based at the time before TOS in the 22nd century and is called 'Enterprise'. Scott Bakula is supposed to be the new captain (the lad from Quantum Leap). This rumour has been compounded by several sites and even Paramount itself. I believe there's a major letter-writing campaign starting as most fans believe this prequel series is crap, like myself.

After the new Star Trek film, the franchise is dead if Paramount go ahead with this series. Rick Berman and Brannon Braga are just massaging their own egos and have no interest in saving Star Trek :-( Sorry I be ranting but I've been watching TNG on Sky today and am so sad that such a class show and franchise are now at a probable end.

[This message has been edited by Theboinkmaster (edited 29-04-2001).]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

have you seen this:
    http://www.boards.ie/cgi-bin/bulletin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=12 ??

it's called the Films / TV board!

- Ciaran
    karate-kid.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

oops I didn't know that about board, my apologies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

consider it moved

Behold a pale horse; and his name sat apon him was death, and Hell followed with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

DS9 wasn't shíte, it was severly under-rated, especially the from series 4 onwards. It didn't equal TNG but that didnt make it shít.

Voyager on the other hand........

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

Advertisement