Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All we hear is...

• 19-10-2004 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭

If you get a chance, listen in to Trinity FM 97.3 or live on the net at http://www.trinityfm.com all this week - it's probably our biggest broadcast week ever, way more shows than we've ever had before so it'd be great to get more people listening in. It's on air 9am-midnight each day this week, loads of different shows on, including music, news, comedy, film etc... And let us know what you think too!!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

can i plug for when i'm on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Why not? When are you going to be on Trinity FM agent smith?

ahh... i'm not going to say when i'm on, but i'll plug boards.ie....

Should be pretty easy to spot you then...

aye.... i'm in Aras an Phiarsaigh as we speak... yourself?

• Advertisement

Up in the T:FM studio. made it to two lectures today but otherwise been up here the whole time.

stupid question: i can play mp3 files from a cd cant i?

Yeah no hassle. The computer is hooked up to the system so it can play there. There's also loads of songs on iTunes/WinAmp/Media Player if you're stuck.

perfect

can i come up?

Now? Yeah if you want. I'll be leaving in the next 5 minutes but you can come have a look round. The current affairs show is on at the moment

• Advertisement

i'm on my way up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Get stuck in!!

*fap *fap *fap

change of plan, come down to Aras an Phiarsaigh and say hi to me

Can't, off to the hosp anois but I'll prob see you around the studio in the next few days...

you better belive it

Aye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

i've just witnessed the most blunt flirting i've ever seen in my whole life, actually just on boards. actually the only flirting i've seen on boards. anyway, may i just say take it to pm no matter how unrequited it may be.

tune into trinty fm everyone.

lets just say there will be "fun" in the studio very very soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

okayyyyyyyyyyyy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Oh Funky, I've always loved the way you say "Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy".

You guys...

yes peaches?

;)

Last night was great by the way, forgot to mention it to ya.....

Keep up the good work!

;)

*light begins to dawn*

So you're either Rodney or one of the boys who was in with Fiona... Why didn't you introduce yourself?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Because he's shy, the pet. :D

Never struck me as the shy type...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Shy, sleezy, some one of those s words?

• Advertisement

That's the one. Still up here in the studio, which makes it almost 12 hours today (did make it to both my lectures though, but prob just cos I have a crush on my lecturer...). We had to turn off the transmitter so we're just on the internet talking about dubious sexual practises and random crap... i'm loving radio... but seriously need sleep

you had to turn off the transmitter?

Yeah our licence only lets us broadcast from 8am - midnight for this week :( but you don't need a licence to broadcast on the internet so sometimes we just keep on going after midnight (like last night)

stargal,

how come trinityfm only gets such short periods of time to broadcast. do you have to pay a lot to broadcast more often? will they just not let you? why don't you broadcast all the time? not enough people to do it? too much work load? what are the exact times u can pick it up on a radio this week?

Kevin

So many questions...

We get a temporary licence, which means we can broadcast for 30 days a year. We try and spread them out, into 6 broadcast weeks (Mon-Fri) so there's usually three in Michaelmas and three in Hillary term.

God knows it's not for lack of volunteers - we'd too many people apply for shows for this week (first time it's ever happened) so we had change the schedule to fit more shows in and there were still loads who didn't get shows

We're on 97.3FM but there's problems with the aeriel so it doesn't go that far.
    The steaming on the website is way better http://www.trinityfm.com... we're on til midnight tonight and tomorrow

The hope is that at some point, if a community licence goes up for grabs, we'll put in an application for it with DCUFM and Belfield FM, with each station broadcasting for two days every single week... but that's a loooooong way off!

so it's because they won't give you a license to broadcast more often?

do you have to pay for the temp or community license?

i was listening on the web today. some dude playing a guitar and telling jokes was interesting, the two guys talking about current affairs was a bit boring. any one else been listening to it?

• Advertisement

Nope.. must remember to bring in my headphones..

Do it tommorrow cept I'm in an all day lab then goin to mayo straight from..

uhhh 6 weeks a year, well don't that just reek of poxyness.........

Stargal, so is that you on the radio anois? First time tuning in btw.. Quality musak so far. The bit about christy moore being held in holyhead under the "suspician of terrorism act" was hilarious! If it is you, you're very very good.. :)

EDIT: PLAY FRESH PRINCE OF BELAIR!!!

Damn wish I could claim credit, but I'm in My Chair in the outer room of the studio... that's Louise Byrne on now, she's really excellent, knows her stuff.

(Did you hear the Fresh Prince?! Quality stuff. And that little shout out just there was for you!!)

haha nice one ;)

• Advertisement

yeah louise is cool (don't know her, but been listening to her talk for the last 45 secs so i know she's cool).

is there anywhere in college were they have the radio on. as far as i remember it wasnt on in jcr today. it should be like i know what you did last summer and have it playing in the corridors and stuff. that would be cool.

is there a call in show. cos that could be deadly. or really bad actually.

That would be so cool... but no, the pav wouldn't put it on *shakes fist in general direction of the pav* and i don't think the buttery would either but can't remember what they said to be honest. Shop in house 6 plays it sometimes, plus CSC.

It's really hard to think up a way to get loads more people in college listening. This week has been more about getting loads of new people involved than publicity, but we want to pull out the big guns for the next broadcast... there's probably no one way that will work I guess, just a matter of the hard slog of postering, stickers, flyers, writing on blackboards etc (any other ideas always welcome)

On the really rather frank sex talk show last night we got loads of emails in rather than calls - no-one really rings. We're setting up a text line for the next broadcast though...

damn pity i missed the frank sex talk.

suppose ringing on your mobile and been on the phone for 20 minutes isn't the most financially inviting thing in the world though. you should set skype up, that would be deadly. but it's also like the newspaper things, people go around the college asking people to answer q's and then they we also want to take your photo and then they say no. so maybe dont want to ring, but rather text/mail. or post on boards......i'm sure apex would ring thou.

oh yeah,

do you have to pay royalties to the artists you play on your station? how much is it?

anyone know?

College pays money to the PPI (Phonographic Performance Ireland? something like that) every year, to cover the music played in the Buttery, Pav, offices, shops on campus etc, and the CSC throws in some money to cover us. It was about €250 for this year, covers all royalties and whatever.

so what exactly do u (personally) do there stargal?

General skivvy (also known as Chair). It's cool though, we've a big committee so everyone chips in and does loads of stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Is it too late to get involved with TFM? I meant to join up on fresher's week, but forgot. :confused:

PM me with your email address and I'll add you to the mailing list. Plus we're having drinks in the Eliz Rooms at 6 this evening if you want to come along... I'll be the one mainlining the alcomahol...

and mainlining the alcomahol is what you did.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement