Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All we hear is...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

ooh plenty of ppl still checking boards. not just me (anybody watch green wing repeat, funniest tv of the year)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

who Told You?

right... to end everything....

I will be in The sci-fi room tomorrow from 12:30 till 2:00 pm. (5/10/04)

come and meet the wonderfull Agent smith
    Nobody told me. I sat behind you and watched you.
    hey kevin....my names cass but apparently that names taken so im just the film ed!!!i was in the sci fi room today when agent smith was....he fell asleep during the movie!!!!!

Ah, just days after I mentioned the boards to cass, she joins. Excellent. :D

Btw, I am Ronan. I am easily spotted by the omnipresence of my black hat. And a newly-acquired (yesterday) lisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭sleepingbeauty

(anybody watch green wing repeat, funniest tv of the year)?
    i saw that programme..sooooo funny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 film ed tfm

im afraid i only joined to see what was happening between stargal and agent smith but....anyway i'm not happy to refer to myself as a nerd....netsoc????hmmm...you helped out sci fi last week....you guys r okay....durns r idiots though....they r our sworn enemies....did u listen to the movie show kevin???was it that bad????

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

what film did i fall asleep in?

• Advertisement

thx 1138....you fell asleep before the screenings for shrek 2 and fahrenheit 9/11

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i didnt " fall asleep" i delibratly went asleep..... i was bloody Knackard.....

the film show i heard was with two italiens who were talking about Fellini and how wonderful he was and his use of colour and that kinda bollox pardom my italien. what they should hae been talking about is how cool alien vs predator and how hot the german chick is in euro trip.

as far as i know, scifi have some weird grudge (not the michelle gellar one) against durns (loudness) but durns just think scifi are a bit rude.

i love the scifi people. dont get me wrong. but ur all nerds. except it. embrace it.

who cares any way. but i'll stop refering to ye as nerds if u want. but i dont like telling lies ;-)

i love the scifi people. dont get me wrong. but ur all nerds. except it. embrace it.

Yeah, I'm a giant nerd, doesn't mean I can't have a life though..it's really not an insult. It's a way of life. :D

good man pet.

• Advertisement

well you were listening on the wrong day so...we had a lot of talk bout american film but it just so happens there are people out there who like a bit of diversity and less of the alex zane approach to movies....don't get me wrong...thats the kind of stuff i like but something a bit different can't hurt too much...when it comes to movies anyway...as for durns and sci fi we just get pissed off when we are watchin movies and they play their music really loud n we cant hear it....

have you ever spoken to me in person kevin???if you did i think you'll find i'm not a nerd...well maybe i am....am i a nerd agent smith?stargal?you guys know me well enough to know?

hi nerd,

well i didnt think you were a nerd but pet and agent smith sent me a pm explicitly declaring that you were a nerd and you should be labelled as one as quickly as possible. actually that didnt happen.

1st thing is, pet said you actually werent a nerd.
    2nd thing, most nerds admit they are nerds so you're probably not a nerd.
    3rd thing, i didnt wish to imply that european film is worse than american.
    4th thing you're a nerd.

and thus this nerd conversation closes

number of times nerd used in this message: 10 or 10% of whole message!

ah only joking i accept that you're not actually a n***.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,523 ✭✭✭ApeXaviour

Make up your mind for chris' sake kev..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Oh this is well amusing :)

BTW im in SciFi and Im a nerd - W00t! Didn't go to Shrek though cos Ive seen it a million times. So what happened with Stargal and Smith??? More More Morrrreee :D

& Trin Fm is cool!

you just said that people that know me don't think im a nerd...so why do you think i am?hey yawnstretch.....you only think trinity fm is good cos ur on it!!!but you have a cool slot so its all good....you shouldve gone to fahrenheit 9/11 that was good(and i was at that 1!!!)...

by the way did you say you were a nerd kevin?

film ed
    i try to but i dont think i can pull it off. being a nerd.

I've known kev for a couple years now. I wouldn't class him as a nerd at all.. But in saying that he has been exploring the geeky side of life a bit of recent

and why do you say that kev??? are ya not smart enough???or are you just too damn cool!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Hey, if you're working on something and you want a bit of quiet you can always ask us durns folk to turn it down. We don't bite.

Much.

• Advertisement

eh, well the definition of nerd, as far as i know is, someone with a exceptional talent in something (science/tech area) who achieves in this single area at the expense of other things, the main one been social aptness. so i havent found my one area i can be really good at yet. jocks are sport nerds arent they.

so yes, im a bit too thick to be a nerd. unfort. time and patience u never know.

dont listen to john2. he is trying to trick u in to a fall sense of security and when ur backs turned, the amps go all the way to 11 and you wont be able to listen to battle royale or donnie darko anymore.

Battle Royale is cool..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Hey Cass - here was me bein all smart thinking no one would recognise my nick :P Ive seen 911 too so that was a no go for me :(
    Anything good on this Friday? Actually my friday movie this week is {ok I admit it Im sad but I really liked the 1st one} Bridget Jones so we'll see if I end up there instead of sci-fi!

You're not a nerd, Cass, you're a dork, like all the other sci-fiers. :) (see definitions 2 and 9 only)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

i'm going to go with your all nerds.

and what would the meaning of dork be????what is it you're defining me as???why can't i just be normal!!!!!

ahhh wait maybe i am a dork in one sense...apparently if you are who you are no matter what anyone else thinks then thats being a dork....i'm happy with that definition....

heeeeeeeey...i jus read a lil further and my name was in the definition..howd u manage that???sorry 4 all the threads...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

you can add definitions to that dictionary, so i'm guess'n he added one with ur name in it...

Advertisement