Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Evolution Éire

• 19-10-2004 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

Evolution Éire is a small network of people who got together and decided to promote an All-Irish music festival showcasing Irelands most prolific acts in at least eight different music genres and three different stages set at the exclusive mansion of Glenart Castle. Set amidst 63 acres of gardens and woodlands & built around 1750 by the Earls of Carysfort, it is situated in the heart of the Avoca Valley, Arklow. Only an hour's drive from Dublin, via N11.

The idea of the event is to show people how much homegrown talent is actually out there, with no need whatsoever to promote or bring in acts from abroad, thus keeping ticket prices down!

There has always been a huge musical talent coming out of Ireland and it shows as about 2% of total worldwide record sales are from Irish artists, which is a huge number considering the size and population of the country. We are going to make that percentage higher, obviously not over night but with the support of our own we can make this festival grow and hopefully get some credit for the people out there who work 365 days a year and get little or no recognition for their work. This festival is for you and them!!!

It shows in the wide variety of music performances which will cater for everyone thats into Rock, Funk, Jazz, Blues, Drum n Bass, Techno, Electro, Hip-Hop, Funky House, Hard House, Trance, Progressive House, Reggae/Ska plus MC's . The event promises to be a spectacular one for you and for us, so support your own and get involved in the cause.

For more information and tickets, priced at €45, please visit our website and online shop at www.evolutioneire.com.

Thanks for your support!

Evolution Éire Team

Evolution_Flyer.jpg

sounds alright to me. i'd sure as **** be going if i had the cash to spare :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

aye - it looks like a great gig. Good spot tman. Now if only a) i had the cash and b) could blag a lift off someone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

not a single dj on that lineup id go out of my way to see

especially for an almost farcical €45 cover charge

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Don't think I read when it was on?

second line in the image lenny

your powers of perception truly astound me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

its a disgrace, 45euro for bedroom djs? they have some neck

• Advertisement

ah in fairness pretty much all of them are club djs or have club experience

but then again, i have club experience, so thats not saying much

anyway, theres only about 5 names on that lineup that you wouldnt be able to see for free if you really wanted to see them

no imagination in the lineup at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

it's the best what ireland has to offer, and they've done well. tu-ki and splyce savage djs. the informatics class. the warloards of pez are funny as ****...paddy mccabe(patrick M) is a great dj he should be higher on the bill...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

Helix wrote:
    Who should they have got?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

I think a few more love bands wouldnt go astray. But it'll be fun anyway

Helix wrote:
    ah in fairness pretty much all of them are club djs or have club experience

but then again, i have club experience, so thats not saying much

anyway, theres only about 5 names on that lineup that you wouldnt be able to see for free if you really wanted to see them

yes, but alot wouldnt be regualr club djs though. its a given that will have some club experience.

but they are more or less bedrooms djs, and charging 45 euro is something else! springer is probably the biggest name of that, and he played wilderness for free( well its was free rave and he played)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Brenner

I've posted about this in the events section earlier this month,

In my opinion the attitude that, "these guys are bedroom DJ's" is completely overshadowed bu the fact that Ireland has an all-too-small party culture. Here is a chance to develop a group of people who are interested in putting on parties for people. (N.B. I have zero to do with organising or playing at this gig + no financial interest in it whatsoever)

The amount of times I've heard people complaining about the fact that there are F all gigs worth going to, especially that we only have summer party oppotunities to go out for a decent night out.

If its legal its going to cost you money.

I'm tired of people not being given their due credit in the music "scene" because they are Irish and not famous.

sorry for moaning.
    brenner :eek:

the gig is sickeningly overpriced

thats the problem everyone has with it

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Just noticed its on the same date as kiddy kitchen,
    so the un educated muppets will head to gk in sted of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you going to gk then Lenny?

haha, no I'm not
    I'm going to i love techno

shame man.
    gk just wouldn't be the same without a monged 18 year old with a tricolour draped over his shoulders

... ah wait

ahh wait, that doens't fit my description anyway :p

sorry. i'd forgotten you're 19 now

Wrong again bitch.

dont make me find lisas nec pics lenoir

lol

• Advertisement

What a min..
    lisa pic of me at the nec?
    I don't think lisa has any bad ones off me
    there is one of me that was caught off guard you know those pictures were it looks like yea look bad for a split second and it happens to get caught on camra
    but come here now, don't make me go lookin for ones of you with your glowsticks at the nec
    HAHAHAHA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Haha its been postponed.

http://www.sonictrip.net/cgi-bin/evolution_forums/YaBB.pl?board=general;action=display;num=1098899970

You might have to register. It says its due to health, safety and local authority issues, but they prob just realised they wont get the crowd with all the ****ers going to GK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

Probably true. I dont think they've sold enough tickets yet either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

Haha its been postponed.
    do you mean:
    a. postponed? (cool maybe ill be able to go then :D )
    or
    b. cancelled?(feck :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 TidyBhoy

well they didnt make it terrible easy to get tickets orelse i would of had 1.... am i right in saying u needed to by them off there site or from Temple bar?

thats putting to many people out there way to get them!

they say it will go ahead at a later date. personally i doubt it.

Advertisement