Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

terminator eye

• 19-10-2004 8:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

i was out on a crazy weekend since friends from london were over. to put a long story short, after the worst headaches i suffered everv on sunday last, i woke to go to uni only to see my left eye all red, and rather weird when i blinked.

so the doc said it was a busted lbood vessel, will heal in 2 weeks. no dramas......this happened when i got sick sunday apparently.........
    christ......... :rolleyes:

so, from now on im off pints of bud........FACT!

sometimes they can be 'bad pints' and if your pretty pissed you wouldnt be any wiser from telling the difference. so i am sticking with bottles....even though they are a rip off..............when ever i get the bottle to go out again........<groan>

from now on i am doing my i'll be back impression to everyone i meet.........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Yes, sometime there are "bad" pints, big nasty pints. Its just a coincidence that you happened to drink about 15...
    However, I would consider ALL pints of bud to be "bad" pints, so I can at least agree with you somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

i didnt drink that many. if i did i wouldnt be here now, more like in rehab.

i drank about 8 < and a baileys> from 10 until about 2, it was just a mad non stop drink session, insane

does anyone watch the discovery channel at night, the trauma and ER stuff has me hooked............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

8 pints from 10 till 2 is a mad drinking session ? Hmmm I must be an alcoholic so :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

I used to drink Bud, now on da rolling rock(24 for 22euro in tesco kids..). Nice stuff, no hangover in the morning(well not that bad, nothing few pints of uisce cant sort)

On the subtopic of weird sh!t on tv, I came home one faithful session and turned on the disc channel. What did i see? body art. What did i witness? A guy amputing the tips of his toes for art. What did i do? Stared at my ceiling and lay shivering in my bed(i really went to sleep, but was freaky). Now i tend to play the computer when i come back if its left on, playin classics like Driver, played one level loads, for bout 45mins before i decicded to give up on it. turned on in morn, complteed in under 3 mins.

Ahh drink driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Yes, Rolling Rock, that's ...erm... better. As american beers go, its one of the less awful. But really - why oh why? Don't ever drink american beer, it's piss. Bud, Miller, Coors (that could be canadian, but their all the same), Labatts (definetly Canadian), Rolling Rock, Michelob (possibly the least awful). In summary Miller bad, Coors worse, Bud worst... don't drink bud, drink anything else! Anything! If you don't like the taste of beer, drink something else! You don't look cool holding a bud bottle, you look like a knob.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

On the topic of red eyes - i thought i got mine from booze but i actually got some mad infection where the muscles in my left eye tried to eat each other and ended up filling my eyeball with blood. Nearly went blind.. twas nasty and very painful. Also a great source of amusement for some of my mates..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Armen Tanzerian

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Yes, Rolling Rock, that's ...erm... better. As american beers go, its one of the less awful. But really - why oh why? Don't ever drink american beer, it's piss. Bud, Miller, Coors (that could be canadian, but their all the same), Labatts (definetly Canadian), Rolling Rock, Michelob (possibly the least awful). In summary Miller bad, Coors worse, Bud worst... don't drink bud, drink anything else! Anything! If you don't like the taste of beer, drink something else! You don't look cool holding a bud bottle, you look like a knob.

American beer is actually fantastic stuff, it just never reaches you. In my local off-licence in Boston I can get Sierra Nevada, Anchor, Sam Adams, Harpoon etc. which are all better beers than I ever used to drink at home. Aside from stouts of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,523 ✭✭✭✭Victor

sometimes they can be 'bad pints'
    OR it might have been the al-co-hol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

mmmm sam adams.... with a slice of lime in the neck... goodness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

no.. corona... with lime.. mmmmm :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Tusky wrote:
    8 pints from 10 till 2 is a mad drinking session ? Hmmm I must be an alcoholic so :confused:

if you drink more than that you probably are an alcoholic, and no, you don't impress with the implied amounts you drink, I would seriously suggest you seek help if you drink a pint every 20 mins for hour after hour

Advertisement