Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Broadband

• 19-10-2004 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

I'm moving into a new house soon and will be getting broadband asap, just wondering what is the cheapest about at the moment (at least 512 d/l)?

Using Eircom at the moment but will be needing to cut costs with the mortgage :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

if IBB is available, then they would be the cheapest or ntl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

If you gave a location in your post it would help people narrow down their suggestions.

Basically if you are outside dublin, you pretty much only have 3 options :
    Eircom
    IOL
    UTV

UTV is generally recognised as the best value out of those three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I think the name dubmick might be a clue.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭C Fodder

www.digiweb.ie €38.99 pm 10 GB Cap 512/128 DSL
    Best caps of any DSL service and available on any DSL enabled exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

If you can get BB with NTL -their 750 Kbps/128Kbps is EURO35/month with no connection charge and a cap of 1 gig/day. Plus its Xbox live compatible. I have the 300K package @ Euros 25/month and its fine for me at the mo. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

mike65 wrote:
    I think the name dubmick might be a clue.

Mike.
    what if he is a dub but not living in Dublin? Dont judge a book by its cover :D
    Anyway, even in dublin there is a large range of options that we would need to know a location for - eg NTL is pretty limited, the wireless ones need to be near transmitters etc.

Boro - not necessarily (in fact not at all) from middlebrough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭dubmick

Lads, I'm from Ballbriggan. NTL is out, as I'll be using Sky Digital for the tv. What about utv internet?

Advertisement