Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J2ME PDA Locator Application

Options
  • 19-10-2004 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

This is my Problem:

Final Year Project. Using J2ME to write an application for a Pocket PC. Part of the application is to display details of the area of a building that the PDA is currently in, eg Floor Number. I do this by extracting the MAC address of the nearest Hotspot and then use this MAC address to determine which part of the building the PDA is in. (Building details stored in database)

I can extract the MAC address of the nearest Hotspot using mini-netstumbler.

My problem is how do I export this MAC address to my application. I'm new to this side of programming so any ideas greatfully appreciated.

Cheers!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Within J2ME... don't know.

Another option prehaps is to have your PDA call to a servlet on a website via the hotspot. Have some way for the servlet to pick up what hotspot the request came from and then send that back to the PDA as a normal HTTP doc.

Not sure if that is possible or how you would easily go about it, but it is anothr option to explore.

Advertisement