Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

panasonic gd87 vs Sony t610

Options
  • 19-10-2004 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

in your opinions, which is the better phone?

the GD has a better camera but the SE has more features, i dont know which one to get?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

After three months of T610 I can safely report that I don't like it. It has lots of features but Java games are rubbish, i bought a bluetooth headset and the comms to it are cr4p. The keypad is a nuisance and the key action is hit-or-miss. The camera is a waste of time - the T630 is much better. The signal strength on mine is doss but it could be just my phone (see separate post). GPRS etc very unreliable with lots of timeouts and time wasting. I did buy an original SE case from a nice lady on eBay in Hong Kong for £3.88stg and it made my phone look new for a few weeks but then I dropped it onto concrete and made sh1t of it again....

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

The T610 is the better of the two.. Mind you, it does take 2 or 3 extra button presses to do just the simplest thing when compared to Nokia handsets..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah a lot of people do mention the extra button presses on SE handsets - a mate got a T630 last month and was going nuts about all the navigation to start a new text or get to someone in the phone book - but there are some tips that can help out - like from home screen: using/assigning the 'joystick left' to 'new text message', 'joystick down' to 'open phone book' or press and hold one of the 'lettered' number keys to jump to that section in the phone book (e.g. hold '8' and get to the first entry starting with 'T') - making use of the shortcut menu can also help get at even the deepest item located in the menus (rem: the first shortcut is assigned to the home screen 'left joystick' action) - then while in menus pressing the number keys to jump to that item in the menu like on a Nokia (e.g. from main menu: 6 then 9 starts a new sound recording)

although one of the biggest issues is the lack of the 'More' menu (home screen left action/menu key) that is replaced on some operator branded handsets with an action to connect and open their homepage - even though the 'online button' on the right side of the phone is designed to do that already (e.g. Live branded handsets) and the home screen 'joystick up' can also be assigned by some operators to perform the same action...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

After three months of T610 I can safely report that I don't like it.... the comms to it are cr4p

i still find it one of the better handsets in terms of comms - GPRS, HSCSD, Bluetooth (with SE having one of the best implementations available), Infrared and Cable - unless you meant comms apps - but again i find it pretty good coming with a 'real' POP/IMAP email client and XHTML browser also the possibility of adding 3rd party apps like java Hotmail checker, mobile web browser to enhance it further

is there any way of you opting for the T630 (if happy with the more 'funky' design compared the T610), as the screen is improved (although you may only notice that next summer if the weather this week is anything to go by ;)) and they are supposed to have improved the picture quality... (although the situation/environment the pic is taken in would be the biggest factor)

BrianG

Advertisement