Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Admins, can I please have a massive favour?

Options
  • 19-10-2004 11:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

next June i will be going to Brazil as part of the Barretstown Brazil Trek Challenge team.

I'm doing it because when I was 4 I was diagonsed with stomach cancer, 4 large tumors that were growing off the wall of my swomach anbd attaching themselves to my bowls, so I've decided that the good people at barretstown deserved any help I could ive them.

Any information you might need about barretstown can be foundhere and info on the challange can be found here .

Anyway, cutting to the chace, I was hoping you guys could maybe help me organise some dort of event, maybe a beers style thing or a table quiz or anything really, every penny would help a lot.

Thanks either way lads,

Seán.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Leave it til after Christmas maybe?

The Santa Strike Force will be getting into full swing in the next few weeks, and I would imagine that thats going to take up enough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, for the moment Seaneh try to get involved with the SSF, as no doubt they'll be hitting Barretstown.

Wait till the new year and try to organise something. Maybe liase with the guys doing the next boards bands showcase?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

What embee and seamus said Seanah.

Great cause, and I'd love to throw a few quid in your direction in the new year. Maybe look at setting up a paypal account for CC donations, and if not that then a bank account?

Post Xmas you'll have loads of support.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking us to do here. SSF and boards are heavily mixed up and the boards communities are giving SSF a lot of great support but SSF isn't something that boards is doing, as such. If something else was going on it might be seen as being poorly timed or being in competition, but it'd be still up to whoever was doing it to figure all that out for themselves. As for organising events, we don't even organise our own events most, if not all, of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Seaneh, you should think about organising the events yourself - that way you are in control of what happens, all the money etc. If you are worried about taking it on, ask some friends to help you, or just ask advice on here. It'd be a great learning experience for you too.

Al.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

SSF will be hitting the Barretstown Gang again this year (last year we delivered a top of the range computer with every bell and whistle you can think of including a t-shirt printing kit with a DAMNED fine digicamera to boot! Thanks to a very generous anonymous reader of Boards).

I'm hoping to hit them again this year too.

SSF and Boards are closely aligned but unconnected. Boards massively supports it but its more my cross to bear then the other admins responsibilities :)

DeV.

A what, Tom? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

DeVore wrote:
    I'm hoping to hit them again this year too.

You want to hit children......!!!?? :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Hit them with JOY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Joy like a fox?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

What I was really asking was, if I organised a few events, could you help me promote them ,as in make them "official" boards.ie events?

Or somehting.

And Al, Any help organising a beer type thing would be welcome!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

That shouldn't be a problem. The Events forum mods are usually very helpful in such matters and we could throw up an announcement or a front page news item or something to draw attention to it.

What ecksor said.

I feel the love.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What ecksor said. But in return I've made you Barretstown liason for SSF. I need you to get a list of stuff from them that they'd like us to buy for them from Amazon or elsewhere.

Oh yeah, tell them it was us that left the PC for them last year and er, explain that there's no such thing as SSF Parcel Delivery because I had to be sure there would be someone there and well, that was the best way I could think of doing it :)

DeV.

DeVore wrote:
    What ecksor said. But in return I've made you Barretstown liason for SSF. I need you to get a list of stuff from them that they'd like us to buy for them from Amazon or elsewhere.

Oh yeah, tell them it was us that left the PC for them last year and er, explain that there's no such thing as SSF Parcel Delivery because I had to be sure there would be someone there and well, that was the best way I could think of doing it :)

DeV.

Done, I emailed Mary Kinsella (someone from thier fundraising dept. only contact I have) a terribly written note asking her to make a list and mail it back to me, give a link to the SSF forum and told her about the PC last year.

If it's at all possible could I maybe help deliver the goods to Barretstown?
    I know it could be awakard on christmas day and all but I'd really love to.

Advertisement