Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taboo Tuesday Results

• 20-10-2004 10:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Shelton Benjamin beat Chris Jericho to win the Intercontinental Title

Trish Stratus won the Women's Battle Royal

Snitsky beat Kane in a chain match

Eugene beat Eric Bischoff in a hair match and shaved his head

Chris Benoit & Edge beat La Resistance to win the tag titles

Christy beat Carmella in a Lingerie pillow fight

Triple H beat Shawn Michaels when Edge interferred and speared Michaels

Randy Orton beat Ric Flair in a steel cage match

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Good man Benjamin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

Ph3n0m wrote:
    Christy beat Carmella in a Lingerie pillow fight

Lingere match? Holy crap! Is it possible to see pictures of this anywhere?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed the event.
    The layout with Coach announcing the results was good,
    as was his segment with Eugene, Bishoff and Vince (Good to see him back on TV in small doses, he was great with Christian on Raw as well)
    Delighted to see Shelton not only win the vote hands down but the belt as well ( Would have liked to see them do something with the guys who didn’t get the vote , a battle royal or something , just showing Christian in the back for a minute was a waste )
    The two woman's segment, as always, was fine to watch for a minute or two, don't really want them taking up anymore air time than that.
    I was surprised at the finish to Kane/Snitsky, they're really giving that guy a push, killing Lita's baby and maiming Kane are big angles to give a rookie, even if he is big guy.
    And I love the way we're supposed to feel sorry for Kane after it, even though he basically forced Lita to sleep with him, forced her to marry him, caused the miscarriage by bringing the chair into the ring in his first match with Snitsky and done the same chair move to HBK that he got off Snitsky.
    WWE think fans are that manipulative and ...most of the US fans are.

Orton/Flair was predictable but good none the less, interesting to see how HHH reacts to the handshake on Raw

But the best thing about the night was the way Edge simultaneously lost the vote, turn fully heel and walked out on Benoit yet won the belts ( is he the first man to win a title without even being in the arena? ), cost Michaels the big one and , in my view , cemented himself in real main event status.
    WWE spent a lot of airtime giving him heat last night and I hope it continues, he could be a great heel and future Champ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I wasnt impressed at all.

Shelton Vs Jericho was ok. Hope Jericho gets a title push now.

HHH Vs HBK = one of the worst matches of all time. But I suppose it couldnt have been helped considering HBK was genuinely injured. The end was predictable though. Edge was always going to get involved. Glad he is gone fully heel. It was a great turn. Very slow, very gradual - much like Jerichos towards the end of the InVasion angle.

Snitsky - Kane was slug slug slug slug. BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRING. Though the end was good, if not a bit disgusting. Agree with D Fens, Snitsky is getting a massive push. Wonder who he'll feud with next?

School girl outfits were disapointing.

Christy and Carmella. Man how Id love to see the 2 of them get it on.

Coach, Biscoff , Eugene & Vince segment was amusing.

Cage match was actually quite good. I voted for a falls anywhere. Ortons push seems relentless. Interesting to see what happens with Evoulotion now.

Overall - Im glad I didnt stay up for it. Seen worse PPVs, but hope that SS next month will be a marked improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

I only watched bits of it last night, it says alot about the WWE these days when i was flicking between darts, but that's the way it is.

HBK v HHH was the biggest piece of crap i've ever seen, the cage match was ok, i want to referee the next pillow fight, nice to see vince throw his weight around too.

all in all, poor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement