Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to check Moisture levels?

Options
  • 20-10-2004 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just wondering is there any easy/reliable way to check the moisture levels in concrete floors without hiring out expensive equipment.

I moved into the new house at the start of April ....I had a carpenter round in august to fit the solid oak floors that we bought but he tested the floor and said it was way too high moisture wise....

Also he advised me against using dehumidifier (excuse the spelling)

So its Oct now......and I'd like to check them again myself before ringing him to come out.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

im sure you can get those moisture meters from a good hardware,there small with two prongs to stick into almost anything to give you a reading on a little Lcd screen.....seasoned wood from what i can remember from tech is between 18 to 22 degrees(think).....ill ask a mate who is a carpenter too see if he has one or knows exactly what you need.....

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Cheers Mad M.

Hey Daz was talking to that carpenter i knew and asked him a specific name for the reader and he said a moisture reader(hehe)...he said he was looking to buy one himself, but they are around 500-600euro for the one he wants.He said you can rent them from hire shops but havent a clue how much for day.So i guess ring a hire shop...

goodluck

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Hi Folks .

Just letting you know that I hired out one of those mositure reading meters for 15euros ....Not bad at all.....

And yes.......I can put down my floors now! :)

Darren

great Mr Daz.......hope it looks great when all finished....remember to get those pads that fit under furniture to help preserve floor...

goodluck

• Advertisement
Advertisement