Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek sucks

Options
  • 23-04-2001 2:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

Star Trek is the most boring and geeky program on televisionn. anyone who watches it is a complete nerdlinger.

I'm sorry but it's true.

U all need to cop urself on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Bit of a laugh when someone has nothing better to do than post insults on the internet about 'geeks'.

Irony. It's what makes life so much fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

YES! SOMEONE WHO SHARES MY EXACT OPINION OF STARTREK!

*=CueBall=*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Neil3030:
    Star Trek is the most boring and geeky program on televisionn. anyone who watches it is a complete nerdlinger.

</font>

what the hell is a nerdlinger???....If it wasnt for trek, I doubt I would have ever taken any intereast in 3ds max...

I refuse to cop on because I do like it tongue.gif

I'm not saying what Im saying. I'm not saying what I'm thinking. Im not thinking what Im thinking.
    "Then what are you thinking?"
    I think I need a drink

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Taken from Neil3030's Profile :

Neil3030
    Crazy Poster
    </font>

Shup u I like Trek its very involving smile.gif
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    Taken from Neil3030's Profile :

</font>

[This message has been edited by Slydice (edited 23-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">U all need to cop urself on.</font>

wtf. who r u too tell us what we should and shouldn't like??

fine, you can say it sucks, thats your opinion, but telling other people what they should and shouldn't like. well **** off.

- Ciaran
    smoke-me-a-kipper
    S-M-A-K bottom!!™

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

star trek is terrible
    but like if there is nothing else on on tv I'd probblery stick on a bit of deep space 9 (if it was on)
    but like its better than sitting on your **** doing nothing smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

It would appear i have touched a nerve

[This message has been edited by Neil3030 (edited 23-04-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Ah now come on, i know that it's degraded itself into something unrecognisable but that doesnt mean it's poor. Well voyager is but....

anyway....

I dont think it's us that need to cop on mate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Ah controversy
    nothing quite like it!

oh and btw where i am from has nothing to do with that donkey manure of a tv show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

/Me dislikes star trek, lots.

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Advertisement

If you dont like it fair enough but there's no need to come here and call people who like star trek "nerdlingers".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

I do not like StarTrek ( a money spinning Enterprise, wink wink) but agree with Q-Ball who should be applauded on his good taste in his choice of Avatar. wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

These topics really pìss me off
    all this neil àsshole wants is to start a fécking flame war
    i seen it on other boards b4 i really think this kinda crap should be deleted or locked

btw i dont care much either way about star treck - i might watch yoyager if its on

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

[This message has been edited by StrataGIST (edited 23-04-2001).]

teeheehee great minds think alike wink.gif

anyway yeah thread should be locked and neil not given a second thought.

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Bomberman

I'm sorry but it's true.

</font>

I second that!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Harmo

Star trek sucks!!! if u watch it ur a dry sh!t!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

woo hoo!, Im a nerdlinger. biggrin.gif

All in all is all we are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Prof.Frink

I HATE star trek it is the most boring program ever and should be cancelled and the cast should be all relying on conventions for cash the idiots.
    Frinky

Glaven

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

interesting stories are interesting stories no matter where theyre set, space or otherwise

joey joe joe junior shabadu...thats the worst name i ever heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Im not a massive fan of startrek it must be said , reguardless up until a few years back I caught myself watching tonnes of it *every day at 5:00 on Sky* .As i see it the Original Startrek is by Far the best , Its still massively entertaining , and I cant get enough of William shatner chatting up the alien of the week . As for the rest of them , im none too impressed , I supposed the Deep Space nine one is about the best of em , but generally theyre all crap apart from Captain Kirks Startrek , Try Babylon 5 , far more engaging , nice running plot , no need to wrap things up in under 60 minutes

Shrewgar!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

I spent years thinking Star Trek was crap, probably because I took one look and and judged it as boring, but once you sit down and watch a few episodes from start to finish you get to know the charictors and enjoy the show that little bit more.

I know Star Trek is synonymous with nerds, (judging by the cut of people who attend the Trekky-conventions tongue.gif) and sure, lots of nerds watch it... but then not everyone who watches it is a nerd.
    Don't let the silly costumes and nerd-speak put you off... there are some truly great plots to be enjoyed, some episodes from The-Next-Gen had my head wrecked - 'is the ship really going to explode? or is he still trapped in the holodeck!?'

If you've sat down and given it half a chance and decided you still don't like it, then fine... I don't like Coronation Street much, but I don't call everyone who watches it a moany old fart.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Harmo:
    Star trek sucks!!! if u watch it ur a dry sh!t!!!</font>
    Star Trek is the most boring and geeky program on televisionn. anyone who watches it is a complete nerdlinger. I'm sorry but it's true.

</font>
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Prof.Frink:
    I HATE star trek it is the most boring program ever and should be cancelled and the cast should be all relying on conventions for cash the idiots.
    Frinky
    </font>

**clap** **clap** **clap**

You really shouldn't have, really. No honestly, we're not worthy of such proper opinions, of such class, of such deeply invigorating thought. Dont waste your time with us, tend to your other way-ward sheep, they need you more than we do.

**clap** **clap** **clap**

It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

HIT IT!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Nyx

Fine. So thats ure opinion. But just 'cos u don't like the (damn fine) tv series don't mean u can insult the people who do. For the record, Star Trek is one of the longest lasting and profitable tv series *ever*, surpassing even Star Wars in merchandise sales and sheer popularity. I'm not ashamed to say I'm a trekkie, but that don't mean I won't get offended when people insult me for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭StarScream

nothing has ever surpassed star wars in overall merchandise sales-not even pokemon

Advertisement