Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless router & UTV

• 20-10-2004 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭

Can I just check if there are any issues with setting up UTV Clicksilver through a wireless router ??

I have my Cayman router from an Eircom BB trial which i get to keep & want to switch to UTV, but need to be wireless around the house.

Any pitfalls here ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

No, none at all.If your Cayman is already doing the routing, all you need is a Wireless Access Point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Perfect - thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭william

I would be interested in hearing how you get on with the Cayman (3347 I presume) and UTV. I am also considering both.

The router should perform well. My only concern is UTV performance. I am based in North Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 mancman

My only concern is UTV performance

If your already using UTV BB then you should have no concerns :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,170 ✭✭✭beer enigma

william wrote:
    I would be interested in hearing how you get on with the Cayman (3347 I presume) and UTV. I am also considering both.

Yep its the 3347w - I'll keep you posted - I'm just waiting for UTV to enable the BB for me.

They reckon there should be no issues using the wireless router:

"If it works with the Eircom ADSL service then it will work with ours as we use Eircom as our provider so you shouldnt have any problems.

Regards

UTV Support

Sales & Admin.
    UK 0845 2470000
    RoI 1890 926000"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Goosey

2 questions if you don't mind.

1_. Is this router using 802.11G or ..11B?

2_. Does this router have an ethernet port at the rear?

I am seriously thinking about getting it from Eircom for the 50 euro's deal and I would like to know in advance as I will be hooking up another piece of kit provided by the job that requires an ethernet connection.

Thx,

Goosey

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I've got UTV and did have problems with my D-link DI624 with the supplied Zyxel 645.

I had no help from UTV, who kept telling me that I needed to change the MTU settings on the router. It is impossible to change the MTU settings on the 645. [This was after the network improvements they carried out which helped most other UTV users.]

In the end, I found a tech guy with Zyxel, who set me in the right direction, which was to set the DSL box as a bridge, and use the DI624 to manage the PPOE connection. It works very well since then.

Ro

Advertisement