Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230 Alarm issue

Options
  • 20-10-2004 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭

Well I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been using there phone as their alarm clock for years now. Well be warned that if you get a Nokia 6230 the alarm does not function if you power off the phone.

Now I haven't searched too hard for a fix, but one doesn't appear to widely available. If anyone has come across a fix I'd be very grateful if you posted. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

I'm open to correction on this but surely if you power off a phone it's a useless block of plastic and metal? That's the whole point of powering it off?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭fletch

I used to be able to use my old 3210 as an alarm clock even when it was powered off.....jus checked my 6100 & it worked as an alarm clock even tho I had it powered off....it then asks you do you wanna switch on the phone

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

All previous nokia models I had done exactly as fletch said, they sounded the alarm then asked if you wanted to switch on the phone. This is the first phone I have come across to have this issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I gave it a go on the 6230 and the alarm sounds, then I hit stop and it asked me if I wanted to turn the phone on. The one I tried is firmware version 3.15, I used *#0000# to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Fabritzo wrote:
    I gave it a go on the 6230 and the alarm sounds, then I hit stop and it asked me if I wanted to turn the phone on. The one I tried is firmware version 3.15, I used *#0000# to get it.

Mines 4.28, I thought it was a dead handset, but during a search on google I found quite a few people were having the issue one person had 5 different handsets and all 5 had the same probelm. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Why did he have 5 handsets??

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭stejk11

irish1 wrote:
    Well I'm sure I'm not the only one that has been using there phone as their alarm clock for years now. Well be warned that if you get a Nokia 6230 the alarm does not function if you power off the phone.

Now I haven't searched too hard for a fix, but one doesn't appear to widely available. If anyone has come across a fix I'd be very grateful if you posted. :D

I have a 6230 and my alarm work's fine, software is 4.28 too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

stejk11 wrote:
    I have a 6230 and my alarm work's fine, software is 4.28 too
    Same here, the alarm works fine. Turns on and asks would i like to switch the phone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

gillo wrote:
    Why did he have 5 handsets??
    Fell off the back of a lorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

If the phone goes dead then it wont sound, but if you turn it off it should, aslong as you have enough battery?

Mine does.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Go to your nearest Nokia Centre and they'll give you a software update for free.This should solve the alarm problem. You should be able to find your nearest onehere or www.nokia.ie

Advertisement