Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Netgear DG834G Wireless Router

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

were did you try?
    www.elara.ie is good, might it get cheeper on ebay but for the want of 10 or 20 euro i'd go with elara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

€161 from Elara, then add delivery :\

Dare I say it? A mate got one in PC World in Blanch last week for around €140 which isn't bad, they might still have some. I got mine from amazon.co.uk for £95 (€136) + delivery (got a heap of other stuff though, incl. an appropriate wireless NIC for this puter ).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Cheers - think I'll get it on Amazon.co.uk
    Cheapest I've seen around so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Even cheaper Ebay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 AlterEgo

try, www.dsl-warehouse.ie
    i got the same router there. Its nice. Works a treat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭v10

I've got about 4 of these I will be selling shortly.. I could sell one now for €100.

They're an excellent router ... much better than any D-Link crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 dap1392002

Hey, Ive got one spare brand new in the box...looking for 80euros for it!!!!! :

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Was at the Ideals Home Exhibition and there was a NetGear section there and the guy told me that on 1st Novemeber the 108MBp Wireless ADSL Router is coming out for the price of the 54MBp ADSL router is and the 54 MBP ones are dropping in price.

So thanks for the offers but no thanks...

I'll wait ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i also have this dslwarehousel.ie

its sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭bazooka

hang on for the the next gen of the box, its much smaller and will be the same price as the current model, netgear are selling the current model with either a free PCMCIA or USB card to dump stock...its still an excellent box...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭halkar

I got it from dsl-warehouse bundled with pcmcia card, arrived in 3 days and they have excellent online help via chat. I can't get in their .ie site right now but it was cheap considering you get free pcmcia card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

How's the signal with it?

I've been thinking about getting the next gen one: Netgear DG834GT 108Mbps ADSL router, http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=DG834GT

Is it worth paying the extra cash for the signal boost? I intend to transmit to the other corner of my house (floor and 2 x wall), just wondering if the 54 Mbps one'll do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

Sarn wrote:

I've been thinking about getting the next gen one: Netgear DG834GT 108Mbps ADSL router, http://www.dsl-warehouse.co.uk/product.asp?pr=DG834GT

Is it worth paying the extra cash for the signal boost? I intend to transmit to the other corner of my house (floor and 2 x wall), just wondering if the 54 Mbps one'll do.

i just got a new 5.5 dBi bi-directional antenna off eBay for ca. 15 euro and the signal boost on my asus wl-500g is incredible after removing the not so great default one - i'd recommend that whatever router you buy that if you want the best coverage and signal strengths - go with a better 3rd party antenna!

also depending on where you are mounting the device there are some class outdoor antennas and directional antennas if your wireless devices are in fixed spots...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭halkar

Sarn wrote:

I am not using any boosters but so far I get wireless access everywhere in my 2 floor house, in the garage, garden everywhere. If you will be using for internet then even .11b (11Mbps) will do. Mbps is only important if you will be networking your equipment and have heavy usage, otherwise I don't think it is worth extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Thanks for the info. I realised I'd probably have to get a card for the higher speed anyway. Just in case anyone else is interested these are all-in-one 54Mbps I have considered (and the places to get them .ie):

Belkin F5D7630, Netgear DG834G, Linksys WAG54G
    www.dsl-warehouse.ie
    www.Microaid.ie (cheapest)
    www.ITdirect.ie

DSLwarehouse €15 delivery.
    Microaid €7.50 (used 'em before very good service and price).

Advertisement