Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merc S500 CDI?

Options
  • 20-10-2004 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

Saw this badge on a Merc S class the other day....is there such a thing....I didn't think so.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I googled for "mercedes S500 CDI" and got one result in dutch which translated didn't reveal much info (had to use th cache & translate it!) - but still, it was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Yeh i did the same, n found this spanish website.....anyone know spanish n wanna translate it 4 us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pretty sure there's no such animal the largest S diesel is the 400 as far as I know.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

fletch wrote:
    Yeh i did the same, n found this spanish website.....anyone know spanish n wanna translate it 4 us?
    Acercarte is the maquina by antonomasia.solo to, its form, its seat, his tapicería.Una inside single time the right foot knows what us depara futuro.La worthy acceleration is something spectacular of formulates one of the highway, and we do not say anything of its stability, it seems that it moved by rails like the train, and when there is to stop the brakes almost respond with total naturalness to berlina nobody velocidad.Una within reach of few and in the dreams of others muchos.La MAQUINA OF MERCEDES.Si sometimes touched the lottery to me or it appeared to me the genius of lampara this would be my first desire and ademas with s500 CDI the cost is...

babblefish!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If there was one, even if an obscure tiny company had ever modified one, I'm sure google would come up with more results ;)

Audi, BMW and Mercedes all do have a 4.0 V8 Diesel in their flagships, VW stuck a 5.0 V10 Diesel in the Phaeton and the Touareg :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

TUTS wrote:
    Why did u post a pic of an S-class.....that could be any model in the S-class range...? Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭TUTS

For Fletch,,, only match on Google for said car.... could be, might not be, do you really care?

Its giving the general idea of what the car might look like.... maybe.... how about a few more....em...... baaa i couldnt be arsed.

TUTS wrote:
    For Fletch,,, only match on Google for said car.... could be, might not be, do you really care?
    Eh....i do care cause I would prob be in the market for one (lol yeh i wish)....jus have an interest in cars so was curious...next time I'l ave 2 be quicker with my digital camera n get a shot 4 proof....
    TUTS wrote:
    Its giving the general idea of what the car might look like.... maybe.... how about a few more....em...... baaa i couldnt be arsed.
    I kinda guessed it would look like every other S-class jus with a different badge on the back....

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Peter C

There is a 04 S500 CDI in Galway, seen it in an industrial estate on the Tuam Road

• Advertisement

Peter C wrote:
    There is a 04 S500 CDI in Galway, seen it in an industrial estate on the Tuam Road

I don't doubt your observation, it must have been a smartarse rebadging job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

I had a look too, the only thing I could find was a s320 cdi and a cl3000 ;)
    http://www.kimble.org/cgi-bin/pic?kimorg-20040504-170433+0200.jpg,13333875

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

unkel wrote:
    I don't doubt your observation, it must have been a smartarse rebadging job :)
    I hate rebadge jobs. Especially spas who put Golf GTi badges on the back of their standard base Golfs. I've even seen Mtech badges on Corsas

FX Meister wrote:
    I hate rebadge jobs

Same here :)

Like debadge jobs though...

I especially hate those spanners who put the M3 badge on their 318s. Who are they tryin to fool! Like anyone who knows anything about cars will tell instantly that it ain't an M3. Debadge jobs are classy...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I hate it when i see a E46 with M badge, esspecially if its a saloon.
    I can see its not a genuine M3 cause its missing a fw exhausts and grilles (same with fake M5's) but i dont know how to distinguish a E36 M3 from a normal 3 series with badges.

Jozi

jozi wrote:
    I can see its not a genuine M3 cause its missing a fw exhausts

LOL, about 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

there's the odd one that has 2 pipes

jozi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Did anyone else see the Maybach outside the Shelbourne hotel, Saint Stephen's Green on Friday? It's very shiny!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Spunk!

• Advertisement

Fabritzo wrote:
    Did anyone else see the Maybach outside the Shelbourne hotel, Saint Stephen's Green on Friday? It's very shiny!
    No way! I'd say it must look huge? What was it like in real life?

Advertisement